Reaction score
Hi everyone. I thought I'd enlist a little help from the owners of one of the greatest hot hatches ever to conduct some 'allvehicles' market research. As you mostly know I run this business myself with a view of building it up over the next few years. BUT...there are only so many Clio Trophys and Cupped 182s out there. I need a few other strings to my bow. My question is.."What would you buy next if you had a) a little more money or say b) your circumstances changed and you needed four doors or something a bit bigger to get the kids in and out of...

I'm pretty sure the usual suspects will come up, but let me know what you would go out and buy tomorrow if the circumstances arose.

Feedback in a quick PM preferred as it's my research not the competitors :wink: .

See you at the ClioTrophy bar sometime. Cheers.

Reaction score
Cheers for feedback and pms. The list of cars is exactly within current thinking. The next step is to find the right stuff retailing between Trophy money and about £20000.

Reaction score
I am seriously considering a VX220 Turbo as my next car. As a family car I would try and get a tidy BMW M3.

Reaction score
My only concerns with M3 are a) finding one for a sensible price with some BMW warranty remaining and b) to establish whether a lack of 'Comms Pack' really does render them less saleable. Does everyong really want TV and Sat Nav now you can get a Tom Tom Bluetooth set up so reasonably? .I might be up for some Elise and VX220 at some stage in the future.Thanks for the feedback

Reaction score
A little more money and when im a year older i can see an evo being on my list. Probably 8 but maybe a 7

Reaction score
If I needed to have a sensible car, it would have to be an Audi S4 or RS4.

But at present, i would probably go for a VX220/Elise.

Reaction score
Hi drexel, Evos are definitley getting sensible, just have to ensure they've been serviced every 4500 miles!! I had an Evo 8 around Jan and that sold for about £17000 (but 4 owners)
SteveC (namesake!) A few have said Elise / VX220, they are on the radar.
Thanks for the feedback.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm keeping the Trophy until i can afford a Porsche GT3...... I'll PM you in about 35 years time Steve, and see what you've got. :p

Reaction score
It'll take me that long to save up for one myself, I'll check the SAGA website for premiums ;)

Reaction score
ducks butt said:
Nik said:
I'm keeping the Trophy until i can afford a Porsche GT3...... I'll PM you in about 35 years time Steve, and see what you've got. :p

will be the GT10 by then.............

:lol: more like the GT-7, the next one is going to be a GT2 reflecting the re-classification of the class it's in. It's really fucked Porsche up because they're going to want to release a 997 GT2 soon as well, maybe that's why their new supercar is the Carrera GT, so the GT2 can become the GT1. (zzz)

I'm in the same camp, won't be replacing the Trophy until I can afford something a lot more exotic while still usable every day. A Noble M12 would fit the bill nicely, quicker and cheaper than a GT3 too.

Reaction score
stevegunnis said:
ducks butt said:
Nik said:

:lol: more like the GT-7, the next one is going to be a GT2 reflecting the re-classification of the class it's in. It's really fucked Porsche up because they're going to want to release a 997 GT2 soon as well, maybe that's why their new supercar is the Carrera GT, so the GT2 can become the GT1. (zzz)

I'm in the same camp, won't be replacing the Trophy until I can afford something a lot more exotic while still usable every day. A Noble M12 would fit the bill nicely, quicker and cheaper than a GT3 too.

Ah but if you knew your cars you would know the GT1 is a road legal race car based on the Porsche GT-1 that raced at Le Mans.

Reaction score
polarbert said:
stevegunnis said:
ducks butt said:
Nik said:

Ah but if you knew your cars you would know the GT1 is a road legal race car based on the Porsche GT-1 that raced at Le Mans.

I know about the GT1, I took quite a few pictures of it at Goodwood 2004. On film though so can't include one. That's why I mentioned the 'new supercar' being called the Carrera GT - so the GT2 can become the new GT1. Oh, I've just repeated my earlier post now. Even more (zzz) (zzz) (zzz)

Reaction score
I'm still saving for a Trophy, but after that I will probably be thinking hot Golf/Focus/Megane/Civic//Elise/Small BMW/Audi

To be honest, if I were you, I'd move into start to stock the more "upmarket" hatches like the Golf/Focus and up coming Type R - maybe S3's as well