you learn something everyday....

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
.... We've just picked up a new client - TMD Friction..... was walking around their site in Bradford this afternoon and guess what I saw..... boxes of Pagid and Mintex pads and disks, although TMD have stopped mftg Pagid pads from that site - they are made by the same people, same factory, same material lol.

There are different grades apparently that make up the various pagid pads but I asked their technical expert who said the PF's were virtually the same as the Extreme's.... Slightly different marketing budget so prices are put out at slightly different levels..

hmmm.... now then :idea:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
got a set of Front mintex pads for free - not the extreme's (they wanted cash for those) but they're still better than the OEM ones I guess. :wink:

Reaction score
LOL I have know that for a long time, but were sworn to keep this hush hush.

The Xtreme Range is ment to compete with the EBC Range and therefore the prices have been set around the average EBC price. The compounds are very slighty different, but where as with EBC you have a choice of Green, Red and Yellow, Mintex make life so much easier and supply what they feel to be the best all round compound.

I must say I have been very impressed with the feed back we have been getting from our customers.

CUE Out of intrest what do you actually do?? sorry to be nosey.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
run a Print Managment company, a Advertising and Marketing company and a Recruitment Company.... amongst other things.

Reaction score
Interestingly the Private Equity company that has a stake in the company that I work for has major stake in TMD - I can not recall exactly, but think that Pagid were an addition to the group after their initial investment. In today's Autocar there is a two page advert, explaining the TMD group and promoting their oem operating name which is Textar.