Reaction score
One of the beauties of not owning a Clio, I never have to look at that site again for the rest of my life! Can't even click on that link I'm afraid.

I think it shows that the Trophy is still the Clio benchmark if they keep trying to slate it. They're also forgetting that it was critically acclaimed for being such a brilliant driver's car, not a track car. A good driver will always go faster in a Trophy than any other standard FWD Clio, that is a fact. It has more mechanical grip, a better power/weight, stiffer suspension and lower unsprung weight.

I suppose If I couldn't afford the best Renaultsport Clio and had to punt around in a rusting old shitbox of a valver then I would be pleased with keeping up with a conservatively driven Trophy on track, I would be pleased with my performance compared to the other driver though, not draw false conclusions that my car was faster, better or more fun to drive.

You also have to remember that a lot of those people left school at 13 and didn't do much else than sniff glue whilst they were there, in limited attendance.

Reaction score
Steve said:
One of the beauties of not owning a Clio, I never have to look at that site again for the rest of my life! Can't even click on that link I'm afraid.

I think it shows that the Trophy is still the Clio benchmark if they keep trying to slate it. They're also forgetting that it was critically acclaimed for being such a brilliant driver's car, not a track car. A good driver will always go faster in a Trophy than any other standard FWD Clio, that is a fact. It has more mechanical grip, a better power/weight, stiffer suspension and lower unsprung weight.

I suppose If I couldn't afford the best Renaultsport Clio and had to punt around in a rusting old shitbox of a valver then I would be pleased with keeping up with a conservatively driven Trophy on track, I would be pleased with my performance compared to the other driver though, not draw false conclusions that my car was faster, better or more fun to drive.

You also have to remember that a lot of those people left school at 13 and didn't do much else than sniff glue whilst they were there, in limited attendance.

And that's why we get on Steve!! Perfect reposte to all the chumps on CS.

Reaction score
The fact that he's driving with 3 different tyres on the road let alone on the track says it all for me.
I mean just looking at the care put into the Trophy's on display this weekend shows we care a bit to much for our cars to risk wiping them out just to prove a point to idiots like this :evil:

Great show guys, shame the Black V6 barge next to me got more of a look in than mine (did look a beat tho!) :)