Reaction score
:roll: leaving the stupid comments aside I think that's terrible example of track time driving in the first clip. If another car wants to come past, move over asap. It's not a good idea being clumped together like that...it's not a race :!:

Reaction score
g40steve said:
'overtaking by consent' was the term used in briefing.

Not 'bully out the way' :D

Exactly, we're out there for fun. I am resisting posting as it's pointless becoming involved (Omega Red/Ali + others are making some good points)
There is a completely different attitude on here and hence why it's one of my favourite forums.
What spoils my track days is immature people who apparently have something to prove and will push the boundaries with no regard for the other participants and then brag that they're so great. I think it comes down to age and the Jekyll & Hyde effect some people suffer when they get in to a car :roll: I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush!! Rant over :oops:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
in the first vid the guy in the black car should have moved over for the silver k-tec one. That's not excusing his bully tactics.

Reaction score
You're right Cue. It's only short clip but if when cars come up behind me I don't hesitate to let them pass. I can alway pass them again, it doesn't make you any less of a driver. If the car ahead was holding me up lap after lap I would try to be a little more persuasive or gesture at the marshalls and hope they got flagged to move aside

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The real mystery is why ppl think that there will be a huge difference on track between cars with pretty much the same engine etc, the figures just don't support that.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the cars at these sort of things make feck all difference. I honestly believe i'd be quicker in a Trabant than some of the CS lads.

Day

Reaction score
What annoys me is that these kinda comments are not made by people that have driven more than one variant!

Reaction score
Its funny how everyone who slates the Trophy seem to do it because they expect it to be so much quicker than the standard 172 and 182.........

Do they not realise it has the same engine as the normal 182????????? :roll:

Reaction score
Day said:
these kinda comments are not made by people that have driven more than one variant!

Very true. I have owned a FF 172 before the trophy and I must say that the little tomato is a vastly superior car. The main selling point is the fun factor and the grin you get every time you drive the trophy, and without driving one they cant really comment on how it doesnt live up to its hype!!

Reaction score
I watched this last night & I think the guy was driving like an arsehole on track tbh. :roll:

Just far too aggressive considering how busy the track was in certain parts.

Reaction score
Yeah and if he'd have tangled with someone, you can bet your life it would have been "it wasn't my fault, people should learn to drive, blah blah blah"

Reaction score
Where were the marshalls and the blue flags?

At the start there were about 5 or 6 cars all bunched up, managed to get past one and then had to stop with everyone else while they cleared the track after the spin.

After that I just wanted to find some space so let a few people past but then run out of time. Don't think I'll bother next year - too many d1cks on track.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
CS now does my nut in... i've vented at the arse who's said you should be an expert on each track after 12 minutes. That's a lap and a bit of the 'ring... would you know that track intimately after just one full lap? arse.