Reaction score
Just a quick one........

Had 2 182's in the past and like the look of the xenons.

Looking to buy a trophy in the next couple of days and wondered if xenons can be fitted.

From what I read, to pass the MOT you need the washers too, can this be fitted aftermarket too?

If anyone has done this, could you let me know the rough cost.

Thank you,

Stan

Reaction score
Xenons are a straight fit. The plug for the auto-leveling just needs changing over for your current one.
Washer jets are another story. You'll need to drill the bumper and fit the jets, then route the wash jet hoses to ANOTHER washer jet bump. I believe the wiring will be there for it, but I'm pretty sure you'll need to buy another pump for them.

What I've done before is just keep the standard headlights and when it came to MOT just swapped them over. Its a 10minute job when you know what you're doing.

Need a hand fitted them, just give me a shout.

Reaction score
Thanks Jon, much appreciated.

How much are we talking?

Do you think I'll notice the difference in the drive over a cupped 182?

Reaction score
Xenons are generally about £200.

Dont get the seller to post them to you though, they WILL break, no matter how well they are packaged.

Reaction score
Dave is right. I've had 2 sets, and had others sent to me and they broke every time. Proper shit.

I couldn't honestly say. I came from a 1.2 on FK Coilovers to the Trophy. Other people might be able to give a better opinion on that.

Reaction score
Just had my T go through an M.O.T with Xenon’s and now headlight jet washer nor auto head light leveling. It went through fine with no problems. Personally, I think the majority of M.O.T stations will not be bothered about Xenon’s without auto leveling and jet washers but I may be wrong...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just had my T go through an M.O.T with Xenon’s and now headlight jet washer nor auto head light leveling.

So you're happy to drive around occasionally blinding other drivers at closing speeds of up to a hundred then? Sorry but this is one of the things that really grinds my gears and think it's more than just inconsiderate.

Reaction score
I dont drive at them speeds, and my headlights are angled way down to prevent blinding other drivers.... I have had them now for around 2 years and im sure that if i where to be blinding other drivers on the road then they would have let me know by either flashing the rear fogs or brake lights ... ??
To be honest with you Xenon's fitted to new cars with autohead lamp adjustment actually blind other drivers more by constantly readjusting....

Reaction score
I fekking hate after-market chav lights. Nearly as bad as wanky SUV crossover things blinding everyone.

Reaction score
So you're happy to drive around occasionally blinding other drivers at closing speeds of up to a hundred then? Sorry but this is one of the things that really grinds my gears and think it's more than just inconsiderate.

He won't blind anybody if he has the actual xenon headlight setup from a 172/182. He will however if he has a hid kit fitted to the standard halogen headlight.

Reaction score
Depends really. If hes got 3 bodies in the back and his head lights on the highest setting, the beams will be too high.

Reaction score
Depends really. If hes got 3 bodies in the back and his head lights on the highest setting, the beams will be too high.

Well yeah I agree with you there but then common sense should prevail and you adjust them to the lowest ;)

Reaction score
After market HID kits will soon fail a MOT if fitted to a halogen lamp,Also xenon's are required that 'IF' self levelling and washers jets are fitted they must work for the MOT.Bit of a grey area really as if they are not fitted you cant test them so cant fail them ?

Reaction score
My 1997 Mitsubishi FTO GP versionR (only 350 made) was fitted with OEM HID headlamps. These headlamp units were only fitted to versionR's which had no washers or self levelling as it predates the regulations brought in in Europe. In fact I can't think of any car having them this far back. Although I must add normal FTO's have projector Halogen headlamps which are almost identical to the HID units & many fit aftermarket HID kits. It passed every MOT without fail until we sold it last year & never once did I get flashed unlike my Trophy where I get flashed regularly even though my friend an MOT tester assures me that the headlamp aim is spot on. All I have fitted is Osram Nightbreaker plus bulbs.