Would you go back to a standard exhaust

Reaction score
I've got the opportunity to fit a nearly new standard exhaust. My car has a janspeed cat back which is in good condition, is not too loud and doesn't present any problems running wise or with engine management fault lights. I think I'm going to buy the exhaust anyway but what are the general views on fitting these and putting back to standard

Reaction score
Mines got stock exhaust and I really don't like it. Completely asthmatic and let's he whole car down in my opinion.

i will be replacing at some point but will keep the stock version so I have option of selling car as 100% oem in future

Reaction score
I would not, they are more restrictive, heavier and they rust to death, the only exception would be a very low mileage showroom queen, that never gets driven

Reaction score
If you dont fit it ill buy the standard exhaust of you if its in good condition :)

Reaction score
I agree with Mike - if it's a museum piece then I would, or at least fit it before sale to revert to OEM and sell to an OCD buyer.

Otherwise it's a no from me; based purely on aesthetics the pea shooters just don't do it for me.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I just have went back to a standard OE exhaust.
Managed to get myself a genuine centre section & back box for under £50.

I got mine sand blasted and then painted in high temp paint.

Std%20016.jpg

Std%20023.jpg

Std%20027.jpg

Reaction score
Hmmm I see what's meant about the pea shooter look. The tailpipes don't look like they fill the bumper cutouts very much. I will give it a bit more though. What does it sound/run like Marc

Reaction score
I'd never change my Yozza on the LY (Well except for a Orbisoud). However I wouldn't change the standard exhaust on my T.

Reaction score
I can't wait to replace the standard system on mine, it just doesn't sound right and has already started rusting through in the rear section. For sound/appearance/weight, there are plenty of respectable aftermarket options. I'm going down the Prospeed route :)

Reaction score
When I bought my Trophy it had the standard exhaust on it which I was happy with. It inevitably rusted through so I had to buy a enw one. I really didn't want a loud noisy exhaust as I thought they were really chavvy. However I sort of reluctantly bought an RS192 system and hated it on the first day. I thought it was way too loud, too big and I didn't like it cut at the bumper.

But now however, I absolutely love and would never go back. I always blip the throttle on down changes and it sounds fantastic and really satisfying when you do a good blip.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mines been through 2 standard systems. If someone did a stainless performance exhaust with the same size tips as a standard system I would buy one but they all look like chav exhausts, other than the BTB. imo

My current exhaust is a pattern part (those ones for sale on ebay for £195 for the silencers and £60 for the centre section) Its slightly louder than a standard system too.

Reaction score
Just done a bit of a google on them actually, sounds like they are a bit loud and boomy, particularly at motorway speeds

Reaction score
BTM and BTB are very different but both very good system's. The BTM is similar to the oribsoud.

Last edited: