Winter Project.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
As the nights are starting to draw in and I'm running out of Mini related things to tinker with until the Spring really, being at a loose end this Sunday afternoon brought my thoughts round to doing something with the spare Sachs dampers in my parts hoard. So after a rummage in some boxes I dragged out by far the worst set, to do an initial appraisal and clean down.

Sachs23_set1_01.jpg

This set were taken off my car in 2021 having been previously refurb'd by Cornering Force in around 2013 ish I think. They were in good working order when removed, the issue with them being the amount of corrosion on the outer bodies which both Mick at Diamond and myself agreed needed a closer looking at. So here were are fast forward a couple of years and it's time to give them a proper once over. They've been stored in a reasonable environment since removal and coated generously in both Ferrosol and more lately ACF50, thus keeping the advancement of the corrosion under some kind of check.

They're a little on the gruesome side in places though, so let's see how things go. Wish me luck!