Window Tinting

Reaction score
That was me.

I say do it, it makes the car look a little meaner I reckon. However if you do go ahead, I'd go for maximum of 20% on the rears which is the factory tint used on cars these days. Any darker will not look as good imo.

Reaction score
Mine have been done, front and rear, though not by me.

The rears are really dark and actually it does look really good, kinda sets off a red/black colour scheme and they also have the added benefit of stopping cars dazzling you at night.
Make sure they're all fitted properly though if you go for it as badly applied tints look awful!.

Reaction score
Matt Wills said:
It depends if you wanna look like a chav or like your driving a van.........

IMHO it makes the car look crap

:)

No it doesn't on both counts. There are many ordinary cars that come with "privacy glass" these days so does that make them a chav? No.

[-X

Reaction score
Stevie said:
Matt Wills said:
It depends if you wanna look like a chav or like your driving a van.........

IMHO it makes the car look crap

No it doesn't on both counts. There are many ordinary cars that come with "privacy glass" these days so does that make them a chav? No.

[-X

Still makes there cars look like vans though

;)

Reaction score
If it was black on black I can understand the theory however its red and black! :)

Reaction score
Stevie said:
If it was black on black I can understand the theory however its red and black! :)

Hey there's nothing wrong with red and black Dennis the Menace and all that but the windows are already tinted but as has been said each to there own and my car is hardly standard after all.

LOL

Reaction score
Just to add my opinion....... (tdown)

These cars are rare and shouldn't be molested....... Be prepared to pick it off again if you ever want to sell it!

Reaction score
CJ.OK said:
Just to add my opinion....... (tdown)

These cars are rare and shouldn't be molested....... Be prepared to pick it off again if you ever want to sell it!

Couldn't agree more.

Sorry Ross, but I'm a big believer in things having to have a function. If you live in Dubai, or you're ultra famous, or are sitting in the back of a Bentley, Rolls, Maybach etc then tints on you windows I have no problem with.

On the rear windows of a the worlds most compelling hot hatch 'shopping trolley'; nope.

Reaction score
Having recently removed the tints I can now appricate how much better the Trophy looks without them. I think it suits it perfectly and I notice I get more attention too!

I admit I was wrong and have seen the light :lol: :oops: =P~