Will 182 Cup front shockers fit straight on?

Reaction score
My mate wants to have his Sachs refurbished but needs his car to be kept on the road. He has a pair of leaking shockers off his old 2004 182 Cup, will they fir straight on using the Trophy springs, top mounts, top nut ect? he wants to be able to swap them straight over!

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I cant see there being any difference and im sure i have read that its been done before

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
buzzer said:
Thanks,

just sent you an Email!

Got your e-mail mate, I will get back to you later on tonight as i need to go right now to pick the other half up.

Speak soon

Reaction score
Can't remember if these will fit or not but i do know there are two different bolt offsets on the damper (54mm and 60mm iirc). I've got a feeling Sachs are only interchangeable with dampers off of 'cup packed' 182's.

Hopefully someone with a definite answer will be able to answer this for you.

Gman

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I tried this... I got a set with the correct offset from someone on cliosport but when I tried to fit them they were slightly too long and I couldn't get them on the car. I asked Mark fish about this and he wasn't sure but suggested that some are a tighter fit than others but there was no way I could get them on. Have them still if anyone wants them...

Reaction score
Gazza said:
I tried this... I got a set with the correct offset from someone on cliosport but when I tried to fit them they were slightly too long and I couldn't get them on the car. I asked Mark fish about this and he wasn't sure but suggested that some are a tighter fit than others but there was no way I could get them on. Have them still if anyone wants them...

Any chance you can accurately measure the ones you have? I have just measured a Trophy strut and its 55cm from the center of the bottom hole to the top of the thread on the top.

The trophy struts also have 60 mm centre to centre bolt spacing.

Anyone else with some 182 struts off the car that can measure them for me?

Reaction score
Just had a look on the CS forum and i found the following.

172ff/cup 54mm spacing
182ff 54mm spacing
182cup/cup packed/trophy 60mm spacing

HTH

Reaction score
Trophy No.
buzzer said:
Gazza said:

Any chance you can accurately measure the ones you have? I have just measured a Trophy strut and its 55cm from the center of the bottom hole to the top of the thread on the top.

The trophy struts also have 60 mm centre to centre bolt spacing.

Anyone else with some 182 struts off the car that can measure them for me?

Sorry havent got them here at this house