Reaction score
Hey guys

Number 226 is still up for sale but no-one is interested, not even any phone calls.

Is the price ok £11995 ono

55 plate
6500miles
Permeguarded
Car cover
Spare turini alloy and tyre
Had first service
Immaculate condition apart from 1 small stone chip on bonnet
Treasured example

I thought I'd have my hand snapped off for it!

Mike

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
where've you advertised it?

i'd have thought it'd have gone also... how much do you want for the car cover?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
A little puzzling, but there do seem to be a fair few available at the moment so the price your offering will be at the high end but i stiil think that is a fair price considering the mileage and extras. I'd stick with it. good luck.

Reaction score
- How long have you had the car advertised for
- Where have you advertised it
- Have you checked the email address/phone number on the advert is correct?

Stick with it... sometimes it takes a bit of time.

O.

Reaction score
mike30 said:
Hey guys

Number 226 is still up for sale but no-one is interested, not even any phone calls.

Is the price ok £11995 ono

55 plate
6500miles
Permeguarded
Car cover
Spare turini alloy and tyre
Had first service
Immaculate condition apart from 1 small stone chip on bonnet
Treasured example

I thought I'd have my hand snapped off for it!

Mike

Stick with it Mike, and put it on Pistonheads if you haven't already. £12K good price with that mileage/condition IMO but as hoolio says there is an unprecedented number on sale at the moment, to have the edge over the others make a really good advert with lots of close-up photos to show how new and immaculate yours is, if I was buying mine now I'd go for the one where the owner looked the most 'in love' with his car and took the most care over his advert and photos rather than someone who looked like a rep or boy-racer, Oliies advert for example is excellent but I wouldn't want all the mods (even though they are good ones) because I'd want it completely original.

Hope that helps, good luck!

Reaction score
I've seen your car on piston heads cos i've been looking through ads cos i'm buying one, your car did look like a top car.

There's only one reason i didn't phone, price, i'm off on saturday to buy one and although i thought i'd never buy from a dealer some dealers are doing them at a good price, the one i'm looking at getting is a 55 reg with 7.5k miles the dealer will take £10,150 for it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
AnyOldName said:
I've seen your car on piston heads cos i've been looking through ads cos i'm buying one, your car did look like a top car.

There's only one reason i didn't phone, price, i'm off on saturday to buy one and although i thought i'd never buy from a dealer some dealers are doing them at a good price, the one i'm looking at getting is a 55 reg with 7.5k miles the dealer will take £10,150 for it.

Someone obviously took a big hit when they traded this one in that's a bargain. Anyway wellcome to the forum.

Reaction score
AnyOldName said:

Get it checked properly, as we have all seen the written off ones reappear! :(

Reaction score
I have to say, the Renault dealers are doing the car a disservice with their pricing and 'fire and forget' use of Autotrader Dealer Edit which is the tool for uploading bulk stock. No attempt at researching the prices, just an arbitrary valuation by the sales manager in white socks and the standard 'what it needs to be for the budget' margin. I'm not going to go into it in public, but you probably wouldn't be shocked at what some dealers are offering in p/x hence the low retail prices. I am quite fancying a career change into creative or something. LOL

Depressed of West Sussex.

ps: Amazingly £10150 is actually less retail than they are getting bid trade by knowledgeable and Renault enthusiast dealers. SHOCKING.

Reaction score
Agreed Art.

There are two things this implies to me:

1) Laziness by the dealers. A bit more research will yield a greater margin.
2) Lack of corporate control. Renault is a brand plagued by poor residuals. Practices like this further weaken the brand. Someone in HQ needs to tighten the reins! This may mean a bit more investment to buy the car in the first place but the long term brand equity it would create would far outweigh the investment.

Arg!

O.

Reaction score
I've got it advertised on Pistonheads and autotrader. I'm selling it so soon as I have had a change of circumstance and I now need to free up some money for a house deposit.

You can have the car cover for £95. Its brand new, I haven't even taken it out its bag yet.

Reaction score
Hopefully when the Trophy kicks the arse of the latest crop of hot hatches in next month's evo then people WILL be biting your hand off for it @ £12k. :)

On the other hand, I fear that the majority of people who buy small hot hatches >£10k will be doing it for vanity and will steer towards the latest models, rather than the best drive... :roll: