Reaction score
As far as i can tell i have insulted no one, broken no forum rules. Just because i hold opinions different to the mainstream car owner gives you a reason to want me banned does it?

Check out the history of the Third Reich. They had a similar philosophy. :roll:

Reaction score
Anyway, to bring this back off topic, not that it wasn't anyway, and on to the heel and toe business:

Maybe i have an odd-shaped right foot, but I could never reach brake and accelerator together in the Focus RS, didn't need to in the CSL, and now find I can in the Clio.

Why do it? :roll:

Mechanical sympathy, basically.
Helps the clutch lasts longer.
Makes for smoother driving and faster lap-times.
Unsettles the car less.
Sounds better.
Good drivers expect it from you if they are with you.

Reaction score
Paul D said:
Try because all you've ever tried to do is belittle, put down and generally act superior to just about everyone just about everytime anyones expressed an opinion.

Thats because im a superior being. :p

I even have a cape.

Reaction score
Size 8 but wide. :|
If you read Autocar, and you sound like someone who laps up that sort of stuff :?: , there was a pic of someone ball of foot - and - ball of footing in a Clio in their car handling (?) guide a while ago.

Reaction score
Here here Chris!

It's so easy (and necessary) too heal and toe (ball) in a trophy. =D>

Reaction score
Heel and toeing is fairly easy, but it gets more difficult the harder ou are going - I find there can be quite a lot of brake pedal travel causing the pedal to go below the level of the accelerator.

I use the outside of my right foot. The term 'heel and toe' can be misleading.

Once you'vedone one perfect downshift, heel and toeing will make perfect sense.

Reaction score
Stromba, ffs, be quiet. You have wrecked this thread. Either tell us why you bought your Trophy (obviously you can't so should have no retort) or BE QUIET. If you want to start another thread on Heel and Toe in a Clio (which I can do easily) then thats fine.

Anyway... my story is eerily similar to OliS. I received the RenaultSport newsletter and saw the car and was, oh my goodness, I have to have it. At that time I had a full fat 182 and loved it. However after buying the 182 I saw the Cup alloys in the metal and was gutted. I wanted those too! But I tried to be realistic, so forgot about it... But it kept knawing at me. That and the fact I kept seeing more and more black 182s on the road. Eventually I caved, I wanted a more exclusive car (like the 182 was when I got it), so I went to the dealer and sorted a deal... the rest (almost) is history...

Reaction score
i had a full fat 182 which i owned for just under 6 months. Was gutted really as i forked out for the 182 only to hear about the trophy about one month later. So i told myself over the months that followed that i wouldn't buy a trophy.
Anyway finally i got tired of seeing loads stock 182's and mk2 172's so i thought i'd get the trophy as i'd heard so many good things about it and i already loved the full fat and was told the trophy is even better. Plus the fact there were only going to be 500 which mean't i would not see one all the time.