Reaction score
I've had tommy for 8 months & just getting used to it, done almost 5k in that time.

Yet i see owners who have recently bought, selling up.

Is it a i've had 'one' kinda thing & move on to the next 'best thing'????

Reaction score
g40steve said:
I've had tommy for 8 months & just getting used to it, done almost 5k in that time.

Yet i see owners who have recently bought, selling up.

Is it a i've had 'one' kinda thing & move on to the next 'best thing'????

I think that's exactly right Steve. It's not about moving on to the next best thing though, very few people have gone from a Trophy to another hot hatch (apart from Hyb who had a girls car for about a day then went to an S2000) because there isn't much point, it ticks all the boxes. I think people get an urge to try other things. For me, I've only been driving three years and the Trophy is my second car, I would quite like to try out lots of other things before settling down with an old favourite. I can see myself going through quite a lot of performance cars and then having a Trophy in the garage for an example of the pinnacle hot hatch from a now deceased era of motorcars that started with the MK 1 Golf GTI, was made great by the 205 GTI and Williams and ended with the Trophy. The days of tin boxes with big naturally aspirated engines is over, now they need five star safety ratings, a boot big enough to fit a Renault 5 in and forced induction to haul their fat arses down the road or suffer criticism for sticking with NA and not being able to keep up.

Reaction score
Sold mine because I am earning more I can afford a lotus and a daily driver but I think I will end up coming back to it.

Reaction score
it was a little disconcerting that just as i bought mine everyone seemed to be selling up lol

i was saving for an Elise and had considered an S2000, but as soon as i spotted my Trophy as i walked past the steelers i just had to have it.
Aswell as ticking all the boxes for me Handling wise it is still practical and so easy to live
with day to day (bearing in mind my dad's 74 and would have no chance of getting in an Elise let alone getting out! :lol: )

i Love French Hot hatches this been my 5th! and the Trophy tops the lot.

i Guess a lot of peeps might be tempted by the RS Meggy's especially with the first batch
of 197's not blowing our old birds of the road but i am very happy with what ive got :twisted:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the value will be hit slightly at the start of next year also, with the waranty running out, people maybe 'cashing in' while the goings good.

I for one won't ever sell it - as things wear out, I'll improve on them... making the car ever more impressive. The porky will be on it's way next year - this will be the main car that'll be replaced as and when but the trophy will forever more be the 'toy' :)

Reaction score
Grass-is-greener syndrome I think.

I'm in it for the long haul, but then at 34 this is only my third car! Had my first one for ten years until it died, the second for three and only sold that because my father made me a very good offer for it.

Reaction score
We are struggling to find one but have a limited budget of up to 10500.

I think prices will only drop so far and then be very stable, similar to the M3 CSL due to the limited numbers and its ability to punch far far above its weight.

Reaction score
well after my lil incident i think mine will be going for sale quite soon, making more money now so thinking of going for something a lil bigger as i need the boot space for the golf clubs!

Reaction score
Celebrating 1 year with my Trophy this week (and done 14000 miles, mostly B roads) and i cant imagine I'll sell anytime soon .

I did think about jumping ship last October/November time (as g40steve know's) as i was getting very frustrated at trying to get the power down and was stupidly thinking of going back to a jap 4WD. I resisted the temptation and I'm glad i did .

With the nice dry tarmac over the last week the little Trophy never fails to impress me on my drive to work , it's just so much fun .

Only a huge pay increase or decrease would make me consider my options but selling the Trophy would be a very sad day. (i know it's only a car).

Still yet to experience a Track day with No. 15 so there's more to come :D (world series parade laps dont count) :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
yesterday i sold my 16valver, at last. But i felt so sad even though i have a trophy on my drive. Cant imagine how it would feel to let her go!

hmm but i keep thing EXIGE!

Reaction score
Now it's Spring with trackdays and time to enjoy the cars I would expect as many Trophy buyers to come along as sellers. Hopefully more to keep the prices up :)

Steve's hit the nail on the head tho, the Trophys represent the end of an era. If you simply cannot buy anything like it then they will hang in there price-wise.