Reaction score
The trophy has been in auto trader for a week now had a few phone calls but no one out to look at it . I gave it a good clean inside and out and then went for a drive when i got back i realised why am i selling it i sorted all the rattles its fast so much fun spotless body work and have not had a problem with it for months it took me and the wife from Cambridge to Cornwall and back doing 38.8 miles to the gallon in nice comfy seats . so i am going to keep it and enjoy it to the full .

Reaction score
I was well impressed with it i don't now how accurate the mpg reading is .

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
You know it makes sense.

The guy I bought 488 from was gutted when it had to go......Graham if you read this she is doing just fine!

Reaction score
I looked at your car and would have had a look but the main reasons were.

looked at your history on here and it put me off.

1: stone chiped bonnet
2: scratched windscreen
3: dealer chiped wheels
4: faulty starting with no resolve from renault.

so I looked else where as a few for sale.

some times its best not to post on forums about faults on your own car:)

Reaction score
well looks like you wont be buying a trophy. they all have starting problems and they will all have chiped bonnets. stop being fussy

Reaction score
Trophy No.
MrD06 wrote:
"some times its best not to post on forums about faults on your own car:)"

Bugger,but then again i'll not be selling mine and if i do i'll edit all my old posts.

Reaction score
lol thats not fussy

I am not buying a car with a scratched windscreen, chipped wheels and a resprayed or touched up bonnet.

I have infact found a car and should be getting it tomorrow

woo hoo :)

plus it a number not on the owner list and only done 7k miles

so another one to add to the list I hope :)

Reaction score
Two bits of good news in one thread. One man decides to keep his Trophy and another announces his purchase! Another number for the register as well! :D

Reaction score
hoolio said:

bugger,but then again i'll not be selling mine and if i do i'll edit all my old posts.

LOL, I won't be selling my car to any of you guys and IF I ever sell it I will spend a day deleting all my old posts, not that anything on here that any Trophy owner hasn't experienced/done.

Good Luck on your new purchase MrD06 and I trust you'll have fun on your polished marble runway (to avoid stonechips) and your Renault technician on hand each morning to warm the car for you just in case it might not start first twist of the key one time in twenty.

No one knows what has happened to the one you've bought do they? Because they didn't register on here, it could have done 7K miles as a trackday car!

So Keeper's a Keeper. Lucky for you, Nik would have had to change your username to Splitter! You won't regret it.

Reaction score
MrD06 said:
I looked at your car and would have had a look but the main reasons were.

looked at your history on here and it put me off.

2: scratched windscreen
3: dealer chiped wheels
4: faulty starting with no resolve from renault.

so I looked else where as a few for sale.

You never looked at my car because no one has been out to see it mine is mint all probs resolved .

Reaction score
All the posts i have put on about my car are honest things that have happened they have all been put right by people i can trust ( not a renault dealer ) thanks to the rest for your input on a used car its nice to now there are good people about . If i had not posted on here i bet Mr d06 if you had come out to see it you would now be driven number 181 .

Reaction score
I know if i would have seen it I prob would have had it with ot looking on here first.

And the Trophy i have got today prob got the same faults.

its just one of those things and there are plenty to look at.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
stevegunnis said:
hoolio said:

bugger,but then again i'll not be selling mine and if i do i'll edit all my old posts.

LOL, I won't be selling my car to any of you guys

hope you dont think i was trying to make any other point than the one you more eloquently made

Day

Reaction score
I've removed certain posts on behalf on ex trophy owner :wink:

Mainly in the track day section :lol:

Reaction score
quite an apt username then really :wink:

personally, i found the few posts made by the previous owner of mine to be helpful prior to looking at and then purchasing the car

Reaction score
MrD06 said:

As a follow up to the chipped bonnet, a Megane 225 Cup (in the same capsicum red as our cars) owner asked his Renault garage why his car seemed to chip quite easy and their response was: its because the solid red is not as robust as the metallic colours.