Reaction score
mines on just over 50k and have not been done, drives perfect! i have driven a trophy with a leaky shock and the easiest way to tell is braking from about 30-40 without hands on the steering wheel and the car will dive to the side thats causing the problem

Reaction score
I first realised mine had gone when i took a local roundabout at 'normal' speed. I nearly ended up in the barrier due to the amount of understeer.

Also push down on the front wings. One side was solid, the other like jelly.

Reaction score
" but tbh, id rather spend a grand on new uprated items,"
That's where I got your budget from.

Don't get me wrong I understand where people are coming from and tbh it stems from unreasonable refurb costs. I don't even know the guy from BG and he irritates me as I see him charging A LOT OF money for old rope. i realise expertease costs and I'm willing to pay but generally we are taliking GAS, OIL and penny SEALS for £700???????? Just makes me cross.

yeah sorry i worded that wrong.. should have said id rather put the grand towards something better.

mines done 65k, the dampers been soft since i got it o/s/f, my ...errr...personal test track is quite bumpy, so i presume the pistons /rods will be badly scored/need replacing.

iv got someone on the case to try get a refurb tho. guy works for ohlins, will try get howard from the padgetts tt bike crew to set them up/unpin if poss.

Reaction score
My front knocked on bumps and potholes. On a tight turn or roundabout it would bounce a bit as if it was constantly slipping and then gripping again.

Reaction score
On the subject of front refurbs I feel the same as Will#I#Ams. Too many people have been back to BG for me to be confident of a good outcome. I'm sure they will sort out any problems but that involves taking the dampers off again, re-delivery, re-fitting and wheel alignment. At the moment I'm running 182 cup dampers for the winter but they're not great and I've lost my negative camber. I need to decide what to do soon. If I had more spare cash I would get new Sachs or try to fit some bilsteins or something. In fact I would talk to BTM or Mark Fish or similar. Bloody 182 cup fitment is a pain.
519 Automotive have developed a Spax setup which fits for less money but I have no idea what they are like....

Reaction score
Mine did 170k without needing a refurb lol. In addition, having driven clios on most setups, ie H&R, AST, Bilstein, FK Konigsport, Koni, vmaxx, etc, the Sachs (with a whiteline arb) is still imho, the best for track & road.

Reaction score
I guess I'll just have to rebuild them really but it would have been good to have some other options. To be fair if they lasted anywhere near another 90k I'd be very happy. No point me doing it just for resale value though.
I need to source some new clamps for my Whiteline as one of them was seized on and snapped when I tried to remove the nut. I'll be glad to get it back as it should be.