Reaction score
I spent close to £4k when I had my Trophy but loved every minute of it :)

List of the mods I had (and price for each):

Attachments

• Trophy Sale Price Breakdown.jpg
    Trophy Sale Price Breakdown.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 516
Reaction score
7Mat's without doubt in my mind stands out as one of the better ones, lot of time and effort gone into it and it's very useful on track too as i remember

Reaction score
7MAT's as far as I know....an awesome example.

If i decide to do suspension early next year then mine will be very sorted too, done all the engine mods that it is getting. Next year its either going to be sold, or will be getting suspension and alot of trackdays!

Reaction score
Mainly aimed at performance -so notcosmetics apart from deleted front splitter (car park accident - saves weight of course!).

Spare set of o.e wheels with track tyres
A/v replaced by 75 mm hose, blended into modified airbox
Angel works cams, inlet and remap (courtesy of Rsport)
2 degrees negative camber
Gear change light
Modified mounting for throttle pedal unit to make heel and toe easier
Pagid RS15 pads
The wiper stalk mod

Future plans - LSD if we can get hold of a standard diff and housing to meaure it.
Possibly move battery to rear
Light weight exhaust - if very quiet

Reaction score
Cue, believe it or not I have not driven it for three or four weeks - have an event next weekend so should be able to report, although if, as is almost inevitable, it is very wet, it will be hard to asess.

Reaction score
Quaife do - but you will recall that they did the one for the Focus RS, and that had a reputation for being snatchy on uneven surfaces, unlike the Torsen version now used in some Alfas (which is very cheap £260 from EB spares) The other problem with gear type LSD's is that they only work if both wheels have contact with the ground - uphill hairpins could well be too much for them. We would ideally favour a composite plate and viscous type - but are concerned that it might be too bulky, hence the need to measure a standard unit.

Reaction score
What sort of diff does the DC2 have George? It certainly doesn't pull the car to one side, in fact it has absolutely no torque steer or veer of any description (not very much torque probably helps). It's incredibly stable under braking too, probably the low centre of gravity and long wheelbase.

Reaction score
Steve, I am not sure but the new JDM Civic Type R has a gear diff - probably Torsen, made under licence in Japan - not so harsh as the Quaife.

The advantage of gear diffs is that they are compact and do not have any friction surfaces to wear.

Reaction score
its such a great car all you ever need is

better pads
silver indictor bulbs.
and a little Zymol wax.

and from some one who spends 5k+ on every car thats saying some thing.

Reaction score
George K try advanced automotive solutions newcastle for a quite and light exhaust.

He does custom builds for around 500 pounds.

Ben at Angelworks was very impressed with mine.

Mods for me -
engine:
1.itg
2.exhasut
3.manifold
4.remap

Interior:
Pioneer cd player, ipod conector, Pioneer speakers.

Next year? Tempted by Glacier white Megane or 350Z but will have to see if I secure new job first!!

If I keep Trophy cams will be a must at either GDI or Angelworks plus brakes.

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
If I keep Trophy cams will be a must at either GDI or Angelworks plus brakes.

I wouldn't go to GDI for cams. Or anything else for that matter. Have heard a few nasties about them. Don't know whats true and whats not but just thought I should warn my fellow trophy owners.