Reaction score
Quite keen to try a Whiteline rear ARB on the Trophy, mostly read good reports. Any thoughts from anyone?

Also note there is the start of a group buy over on the cliochav forum, sorry I mean cliosport. :wink:

Reaction score
I hear mixed reports on these, iirc it will make the Trophy very tail happy or understeer like crazy. Even though it is adjustable you can't get a happy medium.

Reaction score
I have one for sell yours for £90 as new only used for around 1k

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i wouldn't have thought it'd make any difference on a Trophy, in fact it''ll probably have adverse effects as it'll counter the 3 wheeling effect that makes the car so fun.

I'd have thought it'll make it very understeery, although that's only theory. - plus it'll impact on the quickness of the turn-in of the car.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Think it was George who had a really good explanation arguing against these on a Trophy.

I'll see if i can find it

Reaction score
My explanation was against putting a strut brace on the rear.

A stiffer rear ARB will not do much as once the car is three wheeling it is irrelevant, but will redeuce understeer up to that point - though frankly there is not a lot that can be done when the the car is so nose heavy. It may also make the car feel less stable in high speed corners, as it will increase what is known as the jacking effect - making it feel more on tip toes.

I am much more a fan of working to improve front grip - camber - detail setting of front dampers etc. For high speed circuit work the car needs to be much stiffer (to stop roll0 and preferably lower, but not so low that it hits the bump stops in roll.

amm

Reaction score
they still do there three wheel trick it just makes the rear of the car stiffer which helps when you have done the damper adjustment on track there are two settings on them but the best one is the softies one as it works well with the sach dampers when they are on full adjustment i would still have this on my car if i still had the suspension 100% standard

Reaction score
tonto said:
Quite keen to try a Whiteline rear ARB on the Trophy, mostly read good reports. Any thoughts from anyone?

Also note there is the start of a group buy over on the cliochav forum, sorry I mean cliosport. :wink:

hi mate i was the guy who tested the whiteline rear anti roll bar in the uk i also had the whiteline front brace and the man i got it from knows about suspension i hope you have these parts on your car because you will kill anybody down twisty roads even other clios i found a massuive difference but no one beleived me the three other owners of my old trophy would agree on the handling.