Reaction score
Hi all, hope i'm posting in the right place. Picked up my trophy no. 108 on sunday, noticed in the past few days a whine or whiring noise which to me sounded like a pulley bearing...on searching this site someone mentioned the idler bearing, i presume on the aux belt, on their trophy was causing this problem. Just wanted to check if this is common/anything i'm missing etc? The noise increases and reacts to the revs of the engine so it would make sense. 27k miles travelled so i'm guessing original aux belt...change belt as well anyone reckon? I paid out for a years warranty with the renault dealer just in case but i'm guessing pulleys aren't covered i'll have to look.

Any help much app. dave. ps. Lovin the car! 36mpg on the dash apparently but i think the tank has a hole!

Reaction score
So you have Renault warranty?? It may just have saved you a fortune :wink:

In the daylight lift bonnet & look on top of engine. Any oil leaks anywhere, round bolts or inlet manifold etc??

If so, back to renault & tell them you want it fixing :D

For renault to stop the leaks they have to remove the camcovers & reseal.

But as this disturbs the cams they also have to fit a new cambelt & aux belt kit =D>

Information is excellent :lol:

Reaction score
Yeah i paid for the renault dealership warranty for the year. No oil anywhere, very clean, got it booked in next week and see what they say...think it's just a worn pulley but i'll get them to fit a new belt with tensioner if this is the case...might enquire about cam belt too