3000rpm SC= 90 Turbo= 95
3500rpm SC= 110 Turbo= 140
4000rpm SC= 150 Turbo= 185
4500rpm SC= 180 Turbo= 215
5000rpm SC= 210 Turbo= 240
5500rpm SC= 240 Turbo= 250
6000rpm SC= 265 Turbo= 260
6500rpm SC= 290 Turbo= 260
7000rpm SC= 303 (The little turbo runs out of puff after this and the power drops off)
7500rpm SC= 323
7800rpm SC= 328.2

The way in which the SC engine hangs on is superb, and of ocurse it has instant throttle response. A few questions:

Does it have a standard ECU?
Does it have standard cams?
What has been done about the inlet cam advance mechanism?
And most impoortant, what is traction like??

Reaction score
The graph of the supercharger is similar to a 2 stroke engine.

As for turbos well its all in the maping.

Most people seem to map it for max possible boost at any given moment so as the revs climb the boost drops so therefore so does torque.

However it can be maped in such a way to give flat(ish) boost and flat(ish) torque so therefore it will feel much like an n/a whilst in gear. (obviously not when changing gear)

So in the example posted you could easily fix it by fitting a turbo that can hold 20psi to the redline but not increase the boost low down. You would not increase peak torque but max power would go up loads. But I dare say many people would not be able resist the temptation to up the boost at low revs to give more torque and a bigger kick in the back so you be back thinking your top end is poor when in reality it isn't rather just implied by having big torque low down.

Reaction score
Throttle boddies for me so it would stay in the same class for track work but for anything else after going out in rs tunings sc clio it would be sc.
But then again a spin in StevieH's turbo may persued me otherwise :wink:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
shiftspark said:
hoolio said:
Ready for ND? :)
:?:

Sorry Colin and everyone else for that matter. We were talking about the RTOC national day. Every year they organise a series of events one of which is the hiring of a race track for a day, camping and cheap tracktime. You would be welcome.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Was just double checking the date to add to my post, Mallory 15th August. Ill post more details closer to the time:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
shiftspark said:
Ah thanks! MF are restoring a R5 t cabriolet at the moment, cant even remember seeing one ever?

Really, I know he's just finished a nuts and bolts raider rebuild that has taken years but cabriolet are as rare as rocking horse poo, after lots of uming and arring I think I shall be booking mine in with him.

Cue said:
is this the reno day date?

No It's the Renault Turbo owners club exclusively but I asked last year and anybody is welcome to buy tracktime or just turn up.