Reaction score
I need to replace my standard exhaust as it's making all sorts of farting, rattling and generally renault-like noises.

Ive been looking at the RS192 vs Yozza debate and had a look at some you tube vids but they all sound a bit on the loud side. I'm really after something that isn't much louder than stock, but hopefully something that unleashes a pony or three. I was thinking miltek normally make exhausts on the conservative side?

Anyway to summarise, which is the best exhaust for some stealth-mode driving??!

Thanks in advance 8)

Reaction score
I was led to believe that the janspeed isn't a great deal louder than standard. It's also a single back box design and is therefore lighter.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Probably best not to disturb those cows eh? ;-)
Janspeed is a good call, my neighbor has a miltek on his GTI anniversary and it does wake me sometimes.

West malling? There is another mint 5 GTTurbo there.

Reaction score
If you want something not much louder than stock then I'd definitely recommend the RS192 hence why I have one fitted to mine.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
If you want something not much louder than stock then I'd definitely recommend the RS192 hence why I have one fitted to mine.

Im unable to comment on the noise level of the cat back RS192 system as I have a decat fitted. Mine is pretty quiet when driving round town etc but really shouts when I floor it, I would guess it would be alot quieter if I lost the decat. I really like it how it is at the moment but its nice to know I can make it quieter by fitting the cat in the future.

The fitment is excellent, the quality is excellent, the noise sounds really nice, it has proven performance gains.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys, ive been looking at the janspeed on you tube and it still looks a bit loud for me. I want it to sound as quiet as standard really.

Ill keep looking, maybe the scorpion cat-back might be my best bet.

Reaction score
ive got the ktr ultra performance exhaust fitted to mine and is made by janspeed, if you go for a centre silence as well it will be as quiet as a standard exhaust but with better exhaust flow as it has a 2.5 inch bore, you can also get a silenced decat for this exhaust making it no louder but giving more power as it makes it a true 2.5 inch from manifold to tailpipes. http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product ... 2419&pic=1 very well built exhaust and im glad i chose it after much debating on what to get.

Reaction score
Yeh, time for something bigger with a bit more capability and something that can manage a bit more of my life.

Reaction score
Its already bought. Am collecting it on soon. I have joined the 4x4 club i'm afraid. Too good a deal to miss with some imput from work. Gona miss the little red fella tho

Reaction score
Well thanks very much for your input fellas, ive had a slight change of tack since i started this thread, ive decided that a slightly louder exhaust wouldnt hurt so i have just ordered a cat-back RS192!

I'm impressed with the level of development that appears to have gone into it and the clips on youtube appear to sound quite nice. Good price too compared to K-tec/Janspeed/magnex etc.

Cant wait now!! How long does scorpion normally take to dispatch, does anyone know?

Reaction score
I have a Milltek system and for me it's just the right balance. Pretty quiet at low revs and then really opens up further up the range. Also Milltek are one of the very few, if not the only, to publish output figures for their systems.

Since putting it on, I've definitely noticed there's more urgency and torque in the mid-range. Plus they look great aswell.

PS Just followed the thread through to the end...hope it works out well for you.