Where would you mount a window aerial?

Reaction score
Hi all

Have installed my new DAB head unit and have wired it to the existing Trophy FM aerial. Unfortunately it misses out on a few stations so I have to buy a window mount aerial to get the other stations (the type which has a piece inside the car and then another aerial stuck on the outside of the glass with the 'whip' unit).

Question is... where would you mount the aerial? I was thinking on the front windscreen in the top corner as this is easiest. Other alternative is rear side window - but do you think it looks strange? Of course there is the rear window as well but I think the spoiler might be in the way...

Where would you put it if you had to?

O.

Reaction score
cant you just replace the roof aerial with it?...you will have to remove the headliner though..surely that is the best way forward..

Reaction score
son of solo said:
cant you just replace the roof aerial with it?...you will have to remove the headliner though..surely that is the best way forward..

Agree that is the neatest but it would cost £100 for the aerial and about 2 hours of work to rewire the entire aerial loom *gulp*.

Hmm maybe I should not be so lazy...

O.

Reaction score
Passanger side rear window looks good, had one on my 182 when I had my handsfree kit fitted.