Where do folk disappear to on here

Reaction score
Ive spent a bit of time browsing through posts and looking at the history of various cars, particularly the owners register which I find intriguing and unusual for any car forum in that it's almost a traceable history of each car.

What at does baffle me though is where owners go and why some cars just drop off the radar.

As an example there has been no posts about #500 since 2007. Does this mean the car is no longer around, the owner isn't on here or quite simply the last owner has it tucked away and it hasn't moved for 8 years.

I would have have thought by the nature of these cars and the limited numbers of them that section of the forum would have been quite up to date. I know forums aren't everyone's cup of tea but these cars do seem to attract that type of enthusiast.....or maybe not ?

Reaction score
I think it's down to personal preference.

Some people like to 'advertise' / 'show' off their car. Including history / maintenance etc.
Others... myself included, just appear in the background.

Reaction score
I don't keep my register up to date and don't always post but I'm on here everyday seeing what's new.
Really should post more often might help to keep people coming back to the forum.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I enjoy documenting the history of my Trophy (as I have from day one). I have no plans to ever let it go, hence the reason I'm happy to document the highs and lows of ownership as well as modifying it extensively. I know many Trophy owners don't agree with what I've done to the car but I've always tried to do it right, with quality parts and - to me - it's still a Trophy. It's still Capsicum Red, it's still running the trick Sachs dampers, it still has the Recaros, it's still fun. I think.

Reaction score
Mine's been off the road for a couple of periods, now it's tucked up for winter so I don't really have anything to talk about or gone wrong with it!

SoS

Reaction score
Don't worry, #500 is alive and well, a mate of mine owns it and has done for many years. I don't think he is on the forum.

Reaction score
I'm still lurking, lost interest in the car somewhat since dropping my deposit on the RS

Still, every time I drive it I do think what a brilliant little car, its so good

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've not posted for ages but I still lurk. Number 259 is still doing well as my weekend car. Only done about 1000 miles or so since I bought it

Had a rather euphoric drive in it over Christmas