Reaction score
ha - i looked at that last night...one owner too
they changed them for anthracite ones too which is hardly a big change visually so why bother?
maybe the speedlines got pinched?
wonder where the wheels are? i need one.

Reaction score
Hamlet cars has had that Trophy for months! I called about it in January when they wanted even more for it, they would not budge on the price even then for having the wrong wheels! and as Solo said it did have silver ones on then.

Reaction score
typical clueless trader - also has the seats as being cloth trimmed and height adjustable (probably the 182 cup description hes used)

Reaction score
looks like its been for sale since august 2011 :eek:
here it is with the silver wheels (look like 17"?) - i dont know which are worse ?
hopefully it will be rescued when the trader gets realistic but it looks like its been standing for nearly a year now which cant be good for the T...

nastywheels2.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ha - i just realised that they are the same wheels, only now sprayed anthracite !!!
typical "old school" back street trader.

Reaction score
I wanted to go have a look at this car just because it is not too far away, and to see what sort of a story the dealer would tell me.Any idea what it would cost to replace the Turinis?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
With the centre caps you are probably talking in the region of £170 per wheel (maybe more) which is why a lot on here have been disparaging. Another reason is is that they do not seem to be available from Renault at the moment (the only supplier) and that could mean they are unavailable full stop!

Reaction score
So let's say I could get hold of them. Let's round it off to £200 per wheel. And assuming you would need tyres since the tyres on there are a different size and who would want used tyres on their new wheels? Let's call it £100 per tyre. So that's £1200.
i doubt the damper have been serviced. So budget another £500 (notice everything is getting rounded up ;-) )

Any initial offer would have to be in £4300 region.

Does anyone know the general condition of this car?

You would have thought they would have been smart enough to just bite the bullet and buy some Turinis for it just to get it sold. Even they must know this is the reason it has not shifted in the last year.

Reaction score
Hi MaKSiNG

I tried to make an offer on it in January the guy wasn't having any of it! even after I told him about the wheel issue he said "it could sit there for ever!" and I offered him £5K

Regards

PS Cup

Reaction score
Hi MaKSiNG

I tried to make an offer on it in January the guy wasn't having any of it! even after I told him about the wheel issue he said "it could sit there for ever!" and I offered him £5K

Regards

PS Cup

Wow, this seller sounds like a real pain in the ass.
What was the general condition of the car? I mean, wheels aside is it worth the £6k do you think?
I am surprised he was less than willing to even make any sort of deal in Jan after it had been sitting there for 6 months already. I wonder if he is more amicable now it has sat there for a whole year. It must be unusual for a dealer not to turn stock around in a whole year.

Reaction score
I didn't bother even going to see it as he was an arse on the phone! so condition wise I don't know! I questioned him over the wheels and let him know what it would cost to replace them but he was unwilling to budge at all let him keep it!!!!!!

I started to loose faith in finding a decent Trophy but eventually one came along that was just right, I looked at 3 and traveled probably 600 miles, but the crappy ones helped me know what was a well looked after one in the end!

Reaction score
Ah ok, I thought you had actually seen it.
I think I will go see it anyway since my bro works in Welwyn Garden City and it is not too far from me.

If he really starts being an arse, we will just start blagging him and have a bit of fun with him.

Agree with you about the bad ones helping with the final decision though. I plan to see as many as possible too to make my decision.

Reaction score
Worth a look if your local! 1 owner and a good mileage if it turns out to be nice you could always HIDE it until some wheels turn up!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I would need to hide it or buy some plastic wheel trims for it.
Do you think it's an issue it's been sat for a year though? And probably been test driven by a million people?