Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've used various products over the years but what do you find is best for cleaning your alloys?

Like my old Cup, i find the wheels on the Trophy very fiddley to clean between the spokes but am reluctant to spray with some of the chemicals i've used on regular alloys in case it takes the paint off!

So whats SAFE and recommended? :?:

Reaction score
Personally, I find regular cleaning is the key. If you do, then you don't need any aggressive products.

Anything really baked-on will need something potent to shift it.

Reaction score
marrow said:
Personally, I find regular cleaning is the key.

I agree...The amount of times i have washed mine in the rain is unreal. However i do use meguiars 'hot rims all wheel cleaner' every few weeks just to give it a nice shine. I would highly recommend buying one of those wheel brushes to do the insides.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
marrow said:
Personally, I find regular cleaning is the key. If you do, then you don't need any aggressive products.

Do they need cleaning if you dont drive the car.... :lol:

Reaction score
Gazza said:
marrow said:

Do they need cleaning if you dont drive the car.... :lol:

OK - regular dusting :lol:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I find the wheels a chore to clean but they do
Look good when fully clean! I use autoglym wheel cleaner and then buff with alloy sealer. This stops the brake dust from embedding into the lacquer and makes them easier to clean next time!

Reaction score
I too use Megs all wheel cleaner. Always used it. It must be a gentle cleaner as all 4 wheels still have the original speedline corse transfers on.

Reaction score
Last time I did my trophy wheels I used bilberry safe wheel cleaner, clayed, cleansed with zymol hd clense then waxed with zymol concours!! They looked better than brand new!!

Once you do that the next time you clean them is a breeze!

My billberry has run out so I have bought zymol wheel cleaner for my 200!!

Reaction score
Dodo juice mellow yellow is good, similar to billberry in that it's classed as 'safe' for regular use.

I'd just use usuall car body shampoo with a selection of brushes and mitts if you clean it often