Reaction score
Hi guys

The sad time has come when I'm going to have to sell my Trophy. I don't really want to but I've just bought a Lotus Elise and can't justify owning two cars. My question is, what's it worth? It's an 06 plate, but it's done 102k miles (mostly motorway driving so they've been "kind" miles). It's got a JMS RS2 kit, a Miltek exhaust, and I've upgraded the brakes with braided hoses, Brembo Max discs on the front and KTR grooved discs on the back with Pagid Blue pads all round.

Tom at JMS said the engine is in very good condition. There's a few stone chips that need some touch up paint, and I've recently replaced the front tyres with Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres. Normally the cam belt would need to be changed at 108k, but I had this done when I had the RS2 kit fitted at about 94k so that's not due till 130k.

I can't think of anything else, the dampers are going strong with no sign of need for a rebuild - I had great fun a few weeks back driving through most of Wales and any signs the dampers needed work would have been apparent then.

I have a mate who's very interested. Since it is a mate I just want to know what a fair price would be, I'm not interested in ripping him off, nor do I want to rip myself off.

Any help you could give would be great.

Cheers

Adam

Reaction score
I would imagine around 4500 ish just because of the milage and what's been about on pistonheads recently. So many people get hung up on the milage. Also no matter what state the dampers are, if they haven't been done your bound to get a sharp intake of breath followed by 'well.... It's gonna need the dampers doin'. It's a shame really the prices have really dropped in the last year or so.

On a seperate note if it's on a '06 plate must be a late one 495 or above I would think?

Reaction score
Prices do seem to have fallen but only because a lot of cars are on their 4th+ owner. The above price sounds fair but only cos you could sell the RS2 for a decent sum of removed.

Gooduck with the sale.

Reaction score
I think the prices dropping genuinely has quite a lot to do with petrol prices and insurance going through the roof! nothing is selling well at the minute, certainley nothing from the 'performance' sector