Reaction score
the friday just gone i took my car to sanspeed to get it remapped.

it was getting a custom map on the rolling road, and i was lucky enough to get it on the dyno dynamics which they have only had for about 2 months.

anyways, i know that clios never put out factory figures on the rollers but wasn't expecting this.

My car has exhaust, decat, induction kit with custom cold air feed and a modified inlet manifold.....

with all this what does it put out??

174bhp :cry: i was shocked. I wasn't expecting a 300bhp unrealistic figure but i easily expected over 180. The guy who mapped it said he has seen many as low as 160bhp as standard!

anyways, onto the good stuff!

After 18 power runs on the rollers and many taps on a keyboard later the car puts out 180.5bhp (but this is in 24 degress and the earlier run had a cooler inlet temp and cooler exterior temp.)

This means post remap, peak power is up 6.5bhp.....still was a little dissapointed until I saw the graph....peak torque is up 13 lb/ft at 161.

but even more impressive is the new line over the standard line on the rr graph! Its just constantly way above the old graph on both power and torque. There is so much more power and torque all over the rev range.....at 2 times through the revs power is 15bhp up on before the remap and torque is 20 lb/ft up. It even drives slightly better too, and a better throttle response.

It sounded awesome on the rollers. Got loads of pics and vids!

Anyways, took it out and couldn't help but smile! It now revs to 7,800 and is so loud above 7k. Much faster and more responsive. Pulls so much harder and on the motorway is a much stronger car! 3rd gear takes you over 100mph :D

Just goes to show that a peak figure isn't everything. Had an awesome day out at Sanspeed, watching other cars getting mapped, the staff were all very nice, the other customers were all very nice, they explained things, told me about other cars they have done, gave me printouts, brochures, stickers....would recommend Sanspeed to anyone.

very happy!

and now thats it for engine tuning for the trophy!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
surprising to see the original figure but it maybe that the ecu programming (mapped for efficiency with oem parts) just wasn't happy with the aftermarket stuff on there.

I've heard of this happening before; actually reducing the power output of the car despite spending hundreds on the engine and improvements in air flow. Until it's mapped to take them into account it can be detrimental.

Reaction score
Sounds like it's tied all the mods in nicely to me :wink:

It's not about headline figures on RR read outs Matt. As you said the car feels more responsive everywhere & mid-range is where the difference will make itself known.

Have you got the before & after graphs so we can be nosey?

Reaction score
SpaceMonkey said:
Sounds like it's tied all the mods in nicely to me :wink:

It's not about headline figures on RR read outs Matt. As you said the car feels more responsive everywhere & mid-range is where the difference will make itself known.

Have you got the before & after graphs so we can be nosey?

yep I have indeed.

when im home tonight i'll upload a graph showing power and torque when it went in vs power and torque when it came out!

Reaction score
Sounds like a good mod Matt! Its next on my list after the Orb! lol! Where are Sanspeed based and do you mind me asking how much it cost? Feel free to PM me of you prefer!

[/list]

Reaction score
theo said:
Sounds like a good mod Matt! Its next on my list after the Orb! lol! Where are Sanspeed based and do you mind me asking how much it cost? Feel free to PM me of you prefer!

[/list]

£399 for the totally custom remap on the rolling road! I had 18 runs so thats probably getting on for a couple of hundred £'s just for rolling road time at a normal rr, let alone tuning, so its a bit of a bargain really!

5 minutes from junction 2 M25.

Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal! Will have to be after the summer i think before that comes tho! lol!