Reaction score
hi folks i went into my local halfords for some oil today and on there recommendation book it said 10/40, so i bought myself some fresh oil(magnatec) and proceeded to do the oil change, anway i came on here only to find out in the mainenance guide that 5/40 is recommended which has me curious to what everone is running in there engines

fire away

Reaction score
yea mate 5W-40 is the recommended oil for the engine. Get yourself over to opie oils for soem good prices they do a good service kit with oil and filter. Depends on your use at to which make of oil you go for. millions of threads on it over on cliosport.

Ed

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
eddyg said:
yea mate 5W-40 is the recommended oil for the engine. Get yourself over to opie oils for soem good prices they do a good service kit with oil and filter. Depends on your use at to which make of oil you go for. millions of threads on it over on cliosport.

Ed

Ditto! They post on here now and then with offers. I got this for my last service: http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-1146-silkol ... gines.aspx

Reaction score
I can only agree the Opie Oils are not only good for great products and prices but also advice too. Give them a call and they will be sure to point you in the right direction.

Reaction score
silkolene pro-s is the one everyone goes for i think, i use it anyway