Reaction score
think im gunna get my car dyno tested next month, but wanna know what trophies out there have had it done and what bhp and torques figures you have. would be intersting to see this with some cars standard and some modded and compare them

Reaction score
We are doing a power run on the 8th oct why not come and find out?

From what I have been told (AWT and RS tuning) standard engines rarely give the stated 182 more like mid 170s.
The 172 engine seems to give its 172 as they have better head exhaust ports as on the 182 these are allegedly smaller due to try and get around emissions regs.

Also rolling roads vary greatly so 185 on one may only be 170 on another.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
A little bit off topic but my understanding was that they are the same engine and renault achieved the extra ten BHP with an improved exhaust manifold, a superior casting of the inlet manifold and a slightly different map which is why 172's are able to show good increases with inlet work and generic remap and 182's show almost nothing (reno had already done the work) after that the small size of the exhaust ports then limit any further inprovement 172 or 182. Bit simplistic and i could be wrong but that is what i thought and the i assumed the exhaust port theory was just that, a theory.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have been on the rolling-road twice with my stock Trophy. The first time as at Westec where I achieved:
  • 180bhp[/*:m:tuzjm38c]
  • 145 ft lb[/*:m:tuzjm38c]
Sadly I don't have the graph for this to hand.

The second time was at PowerStation where I achieved:
  • 178bhp[/*:m:tuzjm38c]
  • 142 ft lb[/*:m:tuzjm38c]

Here's the graph...

dyno1.gif

Obviously dyno's vary so read into it what you will. :D

My partner and I have organised another rolling road day at PowerStation so shout up if you want to bring your Trophy along...

Cheers.

Reaction score
A couple of good results there! I am hoping mine is as good.

One question though it shows max power at 7080 rpm have you had a it chipped as my rev limiter cuts in at around 6800rpm

Cheers

Reaction score
All RR's can give different results and calculated flywheel values therfore have to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Mine's been to RS Tuning in Leeds, I don't have the graphs to hand for torque figures but it did about 145 at the wheels with about 25k on the clock.

Rev limiter should be 7250rpm, but this is the limit when the engine is hot, it's lower if it's not been running long. Altering the rev limit unless you've had serious work done is pointless as the standard n/a F4R does not produce any more power above 6500rpm.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
shiftspark said:
One question though it shows max power at 7080 rpm have you had a it chipped as my rev limiter cuts in at around 6800rpm
No mate - it's completely stock. I had the engine running for about 10-15 minutes prior to putting her on the rollers to ensure she was at least 'warm' :D

Reaction score
SharkyUK said:
shiftspark said:
No mate - it's completely stock. I had the engine running for about 10-15 minutes prior to putting her on the rollers to ensure she was at least 'warm' :D

mmm, that's very unusual then because every one of these i've had experience of the powers drops off at 6.5k and we concluded that the inlet cam must retard at that point for reasons of engine longevity

Reaction score
Streetfighter said:
All RR's can give different results and calculated flywheel values therfore have to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Mine's been to RS Tuning in Leeds, I don't have the graphs to hand for torque figures but it did about 145 at the wheels with about 25k on the clock.

Rev limiter should be 7250rpm, but this is the limit when the engine is hot, it's lower if it's not been running long. Altering the rev limit unless you've had serious work done is pointless as the standard n/a F4R does not produce any more power above 6500rpm.

As long as you use the same rr and temps etc are corrected it should be reasonably accurate.I agree that the rr and operators vary but using the same will give you a reasonable idea if you mods are working or not.

Re rev limit mine cuts in at around 6800 when hot but i will give it another check next time out.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Streetfighter said:
mmm, that's very unusual then because every one of these i've had experience of the powers drops off at 6.5k and we concluded that the inlet cam must retard at that point for reasons of engine longevity
Even stranger... the rev-limiter cut in causing the operator to look a little sheep-ish (he really bounced it off the limiter a fair bit!) when he fully believed there was still another few good horses to be found. Whether or not it's true I don't know but I'll be interested to see the results again in November when I go back with the same setup.

Reaction score
Never had mine on rr but according to my RSTuner Pro i get approx 105kw power with 170NM Torque ATW. Think that works out about 145bhp ATW.
The max Torque was 5230rpm and max power 6308rpm.

Need to get it on a RR so i can compare it to the RSTuner.

Reaction score
FYI - without getting into the power race - peak power standard was at 6,400 - after inlet, cams and generic re-map at 6,600, after custom re-map by Chipped UK at 6,700 - with useful power to 7,200.

Peak torque was always at 5,400 - biggest improvement in torque, after custom re-map was at 4,300.

Reaction score
I've had the Unichip unit remapped on #218 and RR'd at 183.3bhp @ 6805rpm and 149.9lbft @ 5491rpm.

Reaction score
The standard rev-limit is 7,200rpm. If you are hitting the limiter at 6,800 rpm then its because your car isn't fully warm I am guessing as it has an early rev-limit of 6,800 when its not fully warm.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
back from RS Tuning - i'll post the graph up when i can work out why my scanner isn't playing ball.....

Average of 5 runs:

Actual at the wheels BHP = 138 (6800 peak)
Est. Flywheel = 167 (6800 peak)
Est Fly wheel torque = 142 (5650 peak)....

The trace also confirms something i've been thinking about for a month or so - that my car is running very rich (not been mapped after mods) so just by sorting the fuelling i should liberate a few ponies. It currently touching a high speed air : fuel ratio of 11, not the 12.5/12.8 level that's around optimum.

Paul thinks i could get up to 188-190 max with a map.....

I'd have said that the engine was warm enough also as i drove into leeds (20 min motorway journey) plus kept the car idling for 10 mins pre the run, bit mystified as the the 6800 rev limit and why the graph show my torque continues further than my power line....

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Heres my RR Results. With standard engine and 27K on the clock.

Attachments

• Trophy RST 1.jpg
    Trophy RST 1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Trophy RST 2.jpg
    Trophy RST 2.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 95
Reaction score
Here's mine but only 158.6 bhp and 138lbft torque on 15k miles so may give a bit more when milage is higher.

Paul says that performance improvements ie. most bang per pound would be a custom map, but I will probably go for AWT inlets and CAF getting rid of acoustic valve.May make up a "maxogen" ik though from a v6 espace induction box before having it mapped.

Also he took us for a spin in his supercharged clio......thats one mighty fast clio :twisted: take a look on cliosport for more details.

Cheers Paul (tup)

Had to take a picture of graph as I've no scanner

Attachments

• DSC_0145.JPG
    DSC_0145.JPG
    1,005.5 KB · Views: 44

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
That Supercharged Clio was insane ! :twisted:

Top bloke Paul, And Very helpful. Ill be going back for a custom map in a few months.

Reaction score
I dunno how my car gives so much torque compared to everyone else.

I hit 160 lb/ft on 1 of the warmest days last year and with my old i/k that was suffering heat soak. The setup with the viper and CAF would give plenty more power and torque.