Reaction score
Hi,

Ive been reading about air filters for clio sports on web and threads on here but not sure which is best one.

I currently have a itg panel filter in standard reno box. Its good and has made slight increase in engine response. But now noise. Does anyone know which is best air filter which gives best power gain and noise.

Bmc CDA seem to pop up, as well as Itg maxogen on K tec.

Not goner list them all as you know there are quite a few.

Whats the best?

Cheers Lads

Reaction score
I would say ITG Maxogen is your best - even though the price is shocking :( I have tried the k&N, BMC CDA, and the ITG panel filter.

The CDA was good for the price but for the noise... Maxogen! I found the ITG panel filter very good for the price.

Keep your eyes on the web for 2nd hand ones. :)

Reaction score
Yeah the price is shocking lol.

What would you say the noise is like on The maxogen filter. It doesnt sound like a K N induction kit does it. I hate them noises.

Thanks

Reaction score
Well being a closed filter it does have the 'induction noise' but the k&n is louder.

I would also say the car pulls alot better with the maxogen.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have a BMC at the moment..
Nice noise but i dont think theres any power gains. Maybe even a power drop tbh..
The set up from JMS Tuning gets good results.. (An espace V6 airbox with a pipercross filter)

Reaction score
ive got the JMS setup. The Clio V6/Espace airbox fits nicely coupled with a pipercross race filter job done. :)
same sort of size as a maxogen but much much cheaper at £30 iirc.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthre ... hlight=jms

the reason i went to these boys is because they prove it. if they make a claim they give you the figures to back it up, and speaking to James Stone of JMS he defiantly know what hes doing.

so to summarise, the noise is lovely. i cant really comment on power because the car was remapped at the same time. lol. sooooo, the remap would account for power increase, better MPG, and better throttle response.

Reaction score
Im going to go for the JMS kit in the summer, glad to hear that you like it. Did u get the inlets done too?

Reaction score
Sam

in all honesty mate i could rant about how fantastic the set up is all day long but id bore you to hell. let me give you the facts and you can take it or leave it.
an independent adjudicator (my Misses) had no idea i was having it done, when she got in the car after i belive the words where " omg what have you done!!" with a big :D

my mates have all noted what a lovely noise the engine makes with the air box and how much it pulls
personally ive noticed how much sharper the throttle response is.
if your not careful you wheel spin al the way up to third
my MPG on motorways is a comfortable 40mpg and in those 50mph roadwork average speed camera bits, 52mpg!!! from a 2.0, thats more than i have n the 1.2
frankly mate the sooner the better.

Reaction score
Cheers boys.

Where are jms based. sounds good.

Also there contact number!

Thanks

Joe

Reaction score
Trophy264 said:
Sam

in all honesty mate i could rant about how fantastic the set up is all day long but id bore you to hell. let me give you the facts and you can take it or leave it.
an independent adjudicator (my Misses) had no idea i was having it done, when she got in the car after i belive the words where " omg what have you done!!" with a big :D

my mates have all noted what a lovely noise the engine makes with the air box and how much it pulls
personally ive noticed how much sharper the throttle response is.
if your not careful you wheel spin al the way up to third
my MPG on motorways is a comfortable 40mpg and in those 50mph roadwork average speed camera bits, 52mpg!!! from a 2.0, thats more than i have n the 1.2
frankly mate the sooner the better.

Brill thanks for that! getting excited now! i will be focusing on suspension and handling first before engine works as i will be due a re-build plus i thought i may as well replace all bushes etc. A friend of mine has also recently discovered a rolling road/ tuner about 15mins away from where i live as he has just had a load of work done to his mx-5 turbo there and has reported good stuff! so i think i may enquire about a custom/live re-map there as well.

Sam (ps sorry to go off topic J90SCU, i have an ITG panel filter with acoustic valve removed at the moment and there is a definate noise benefit from that :wink: )

Reaction score
Ive wrote you a note on that link you sent mate.

Joe