Reaction score
Just interested as its a "special" anyhow...

I doubt you want to change the suspension....(shocks)?

Exhausts

Induction

Engine

Ride height.... (consider Eibach springs etc)

Brakes

Andy
GDI

Reaction score
I am looking to do the following mods:

Uprated front brakes, pads and lines.

Induction kit.

Exhaust, with either decat or sports cat.

Modified inlet manifold.

Remapped ECU.

Then depending on money in the future, I will look into getting throttle bodies.

Would love a turbo kit, but they are so expensive, and would probably kill my engine...

Reaction score
contracted by renault to supply springs for the Trophy = Eibach ;)

Reaction score
This Trophy Owner would like the following:

Brembo brakes and pads all round.

Induction Kit

Better exhaust, one that makes a noise like a spitfire or something.

Less plastic interior, either take it out or put in some funky carbon fibre stuff round the dash, gear knob, handbrake ect.. make it look a bit more race car like.

A half decent stereo and speakers rather than the cheep and nasty ones. Preferably with a hole and holder for an Ipod (which will work off the stock)

One of those manual window wiper stalks.

Seatbelts that already go thru the holes on the Recaro's.

A driver side mirror without a hole in it.

A shut the f*ck up button for the person in the passenger seat and one for the twat in the nova/saxo.

Ofcourse most of the things written above dont matter when your driving the Trophy because it so good to drive that you dont notice any flaws/niggles. Driving this car (or any other fast car) is like a drug, you need a fix every now and again.

But I suppose renault never gave us these things for a reason, probobly money but what do you expect for £15k

But can someone tell me why no car manufacturer can make a sunvisor or some sort of light blocker that goes behind the rear view mirror? I know u can get a black/blue stripe along the top of the windscreen but who really wants to look that bad?

Reaction score
i would change the struts on the boot so that it opens higher than my waist.
and i would cure the whistle around the windscreen at any speed above walking pace.

felix

Reaction score
ryanaldo13 said:

But can someone tell me why no car manufacturer can make a sunvisor or some sort of light blocker that goes behind the rear view mirror? I know u can get a black/blue stripe along the top of the windscreen but who really wants to look that bad?

Manufacturers already make them mate. Have a look a a new vw beetle or similar.

Reaction score
jayxx83 said:
ryanaldo13 said:

Manufacturers already make them mate. Have a look a a new vw beetle or similar.

My old wrx had one fitted . was quite handy.

Reaction score
4 pot Brembo's upfront / 2 pot rears.

More exhaust noise.

Better stereo.

Better door latches which prevent the door from swinging open to quickly.

Loose about 200kg would be nice too :D (the car not me).

Reaction score
Firmer brakes, but brembo discs, ferodos and braided hoses and new fluid fixes that.
I've driven a few chipped 182s and have more torque, so a bit of that, but probably a fast road engine rebuild would do me.
Possibly try and remove some of the heavier stuff a/c and door regulators (F40 style windows lol).
Mine would be a minimalist 2 seater Trophy.

The fact is I spend months building quick 1275 Minis in my youth, now look at what you get as a basic car!

Reaction score
Shouldn't do Steve, mine is flush with the spoiler.

Hatch opening is perfect for me, I can pop it open and it'll stop a few inches short of twatting me under the chin, I hit my head so hard on the hatch of a Mondeo estate it lifted the car on it's suspension and made my vision go purple for about 10 seconds!

I would change/add - Personalised car mats, ITG panel filter, Group N ECU re-map, intermittent wiper stalk. Oh, job done then.

When the pads need changing, I'll be getting some more expensive road orientated pads and I'm currently after an iPod cable. That's about it.

Reaction score
g40steve said:
B'stard i'll get Nik to delete everything :wink:

You know how people are with faults :D

LOL :lol:

Have you tried just snapping it back in? Renaults are made of lego for this very reason after all.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
stevegunnis said:
g40steve said:
B'stard i'll get Nik to delete everything :wink:

You know how people are with faults :D

LOL :lol:

Have you tried just snapping it back in? Renaults are made of lego for this very reason after all.

lol, just reminded me of that pic that was posted a while back of the ambulance clio..... can picture a fire truck and van n'all. where's the clio house?