weird restrictive engine at 3000revs?

Reaction score
As title says now and then there seems to be no go from the engine as if its sticking (if that makes sense) only seemed to occour in 4th at around 3k revs, you could feel the vibration through the throttle pedal too. Any ideas?. (i have been having some probs with my new pads and discs and also i took the acoustic valve off a couple of days ago).

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
spend 20 mins this w/e - take the throttle body off and give it a good clean down, it may be a bit of dirt build up.

Reaction score
will do!

just the bfact that i'm havin probs with the brakes (think there sorted now) and i've removed the acoustic is telling me to reverse all gentle mods and my engine fault (if it is) will be solved.

offf to race .................on rfactor, happyy 3 wheeling all. :D

Reaction score
Update..

I have regreased the caliper sliders and my brake problem (binding-noisy) seems (fingers crossed) to be sorted and there has been no reoccourence of the 'engine' prob, so maybe it was the binding brakes that were restricting the engine.

Reaction score
Dsturbed said:
Update..

I have regreased the caliper sliders and my brake problem (binding-noisy) seems (fingers crossed) to be sorted and there has been no reoccourence of the 'engine' prob, so maybe it was the binding brakes that were restricting the engine.

I had this same problem recently. The near side front brake caliper had dried out and was binding the same as yours. Affected the handling massivly. Just needed a nice coat of copper grease and all is fine now.

Reaction score
yeah i wacked aload of copper grease on the sliders too but i'm not sure if we are meant to use red rubber caliper grease? anyone now the correct grease for caliper sliders?