Reaction score
Hey,

Am off to Devon on Friday for a weeks rest woooo!! Got the tomato kitted out with some nice new exaltos today, took 50 mins at Elite in dagenham - freakin' ages but all the same it looked like they had done a good job, wheels nice and clean too! :D

Anyway, I was wondering, I shall have the back full of lugage - not horrific weight but a fair bit I would imagine and my girlfriend in the front - she's tiny so could be discounted really!! Should I be especially carefull seeing as the car sits low ish or should I have no real concerns?

Chars, hope you've all had excellent Christmases! 8)

Reaction score
Load her up mate

Ive had the the back seats full mate with me mates. U can tell your carrying some weight on the handling so dont go shumachering it. 15 average people usually equate to a ton so 5 people = 1 third of a ton. as your not packing people in the back you should be fine and not have any problems. Ive had the boot full before and the back seats chocker and carrying 40 litres of fuel.

Hope this helps

Reaction score
fully loaded

Top banana! Thanks dude! :D

I won't be hammering her, I've only owned her for around 2 weeks now. Add to that the new exaltos fitted on the front and a nervous girlfriend in the passenger seat, who gives me 'that' look everytime I find the 5000 rev rush :roll: I shall be travelling at moderate speeds!

Anyone around Totnes/Kingsbridge area of Devon? - Keep an eye out for me, I wanna be spotted!!!!!!!!!! (Travelling Friday so watch the M-ways...)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I moved house with my Trophy and it carried some weight - Probably more than it states in the book as I've never seen the front shocks lower that much, felt like the rear of the car had been lowered by half a foot. Front wheel spin was more common also.

All in all though for luggage and a passenger I wouldn't worry.

Reaction score
Yeah it was a walk in the park! I didn't hammer it, in fact spent a fair bit of time cruising along with the old cruise control on - nice and easy! Did have a few people driving on my bumper thru traffic so when the road opened up, so did my throttle :wink: and the gap in my rear view mirror too :lol: