Reaction score
Well after running around with the dreaded Serv and TC warning lights on for the last few months I finally took it in for a brake pedal sensor change which appeared to fix the problem.

That is, until yesterday when I had the MOT and a brake fluid change and now I've got one more warning light to add to my collection: Serv, TC and ABS [-X

Took it to the garage who hooked it up to the machine and it came up with the brake pedal sensor (again) and a steering wheel angle sensor. It's going back in the shop on Wednesday for more fettling. This bloody car is never happy!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Bad luck that Rick.

I've not heard of the steering wheel angle sensor before, mine is well out at the min but it's due to a tracking issue, no light has come on.

Reaction score
Your angle sensor will come up as a fault on diagnostics due to the steering wheel not being straight, just get them to adjust the tracking so the car steers straight on uk roads, do a mile or so and this will clear itself. As for brake pedal sensor not sure on the renault but most are easy to reset, its just a switch on the top of the pedal itself, just turn it 90 deg to release it from the holder then pull the pin out fully then refit and it will self set, most faults i come across are where someone just fitted one out of the bag and didn't check the pin was fully out.

Reaction score
liam1610 said:
Your angle sensor will come up as a fault on diagnostics due to the steering wheel not being straight, just get them to adjust the tracking so the car steers straight on uk roads, do a mile or so and this will clear itself.

My tracking is out but by the tiniest amount - I had a full geometry setup and this is how it came. I wasn't going to bother with it to be honest, but if it registers as a fault maybe I should take it back and get them to do it again?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have this fault as well at the moment.

I have changed the brake pedal sensor to no avail, not sure what to do next really.
Let me know if you have any luck!

Reaction score
aucky said:
I have this fault as well at the moment.

I have changed the brake pedal sensor to no avail, not sure what to do next really.
Let me know if you have any luck!

The guy at the garage suggested the wires to the brake pedal sensor may be weak and they could be replaced. No warning lights in the last 24h :?:

Reaction score
I've finally got to the bottom of my warning lights issue! It's so simple once you know how.

My brake pedal sensor just needed adjusting. My brake lights would only come on when the brake was hit with some force, so when I feathered the brakes the ABS / ECU sees the wheels slowing down but doesn't see the brake pedal being pressed, so throws an error.

See this thread for more info

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?111453-Brake-Light-Help-......please&highlight=brake%20pedal%20remove

Reaction score
Trophy No.
My problem turned out to be a rear ABS sensor. Second hand unit from Cliospares for £40 seems to have sorted it.