Warning light after new discs and pads

Reaction score
Hi all,

Had new discs and pads fitted all round today after an mot failure for heavily corroded brakes. Only problem is a warning light has now come on. It was the end of the day so the garage couldn't find the fault. The new brakes have the abs ring etc so I am hoping it's a simple fix. Any ideas what it could be or if something needs to be reset?

Also, last time I use a main renault dealer - had it serviced last week and was advised the brakes would need replacement at some point but ok for awhile ("slight drop off in performance but nothing to write home about"). A week later and instant mot failure. Garage I took it to today showed me the inside face of the discs once off the car and they are knackered. One of the pads was through to the metal. I have kept the bits so will take it up with renault next week. In hindsight should have known better.

James

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi James.

When you say the new brakes have the ABS rings, i'm not quite sure what you mean? The ABS sensor is fitted to the hub and records movement from the 'ABS ring' which is connected to the drive shaft, they don't have anything to do with the discs or pads (in terms of fitment) which you have had replaced.

You should check the CV boot and clip is still securely in place as if this comes loose then it can protrude in the way of the ABS sensor causing the traction control light to illuminate.

Ben

Reaction score
As above rear discs ?if after market dont usually come with the rings on(you have to use the old ones).

Reaction score
Thanks - all sorted, incorrect abs rings had been fitted......