Wanted* some nice upgrades

Reaction score
Perfect condition xenon headlights (the pair)

ktec decat and ktec straight through pipe

need a new gearstick top (old one is worn, and the numbers have come off)

If you have a brilliant condition snappy steering wheel for sale id also be interested

any advice on buying nice little upgrades for the trophy would be helpful thank you

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Does it have to be a Ktec de-cat ?

I have 2 Decat pipes sitting here.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Perfect condition xenon headlights (the pair)

need a new gearstick top (old one is worn, and the numbers have come off)

Instead of a new gearstick insert, how about a shifter and gear knob from a Phase 1 172? I have one for sale (look in parts for sale section) and they are much nicer than the standard 182 gear knob. Made from aluminium and is heavier which gives a much nicer shift. Just something to consider!

Ash

Reaction score
Ash

I'm interested in the phase 1 gearknob. Please pm me.

cheers
Mark

Reaction score
FYI the K-Tec exhaust with the decat + straight through centre is crazy loud! I ended up swapping out for sileneced versions of both! If you want it a bit louder I'd look at either a decat + silenced centre or silenced decat + straight through centre! Seeing as you already have the silenced centre I'd recommend going for just the decat for now and see how you get on! Also the decats can cause a bit of a flat spot lower in the rev range!

Reaction score
See that's the things what I don't want to happen (flat spots) so I'm going to test it before deciding which system to keep

Reaction score
I have ktec super sport with cat and straight through center, no flat spots pulls amazing all the way through, it's just rather loud, had a couple of complaints from neighbours

Reaction score
Mine are quite chilled luckily, and one of them has built a Healey sprite hillclimb car that sounds like thunder so had no grounds to complain, especially as he was out balancing his carbs at 10.30pm the other evening!

Reaction score
Just keep in mind if you de cat, dont see the benefit on a standard engine, it will fail an mot. You will need a very friendly tester who doesnt mind a bung to put it through or you have to put it on for the mot.