Reaction score
I've snaped my nearside front spring. :(

Does anyone have an original one, with the correct number on it: 8200514730

I doubt the sides are different, but just in case they are then it is the nearside one I need.

Thanks
Calum

Reaction score
Sam, I'll buy from Renault on Monday if I can't find someone on here who has one gathering dust in their garage. I know some folk have replaced their originals so it's worth a punt on here.

Renault price is about 200 notes so I'd be happy to push 100 someone's way for an old one they don't need.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have one somewhere gathering dust in the garage. It came off a passenger side damper, is that any good ? I think its in pretty good condition but needs the rubber tubing that goes around the bottom few coils. 100 notes ! I would want no where near that but let me dig it out and see whats what before you get your hopes up :wink: .

Ben

Reaction score
BenG said:
.. but needs the rubber tubing that goes around the bottom few coils.

Ben, that sounds ideal. It's the nearside (passenger side) one that I need. Does anyone know what that rubber tubing does exactly? I should think we could manage without it, or I could just fit the tubing from the snapped spring.

As long as it has the number 8200514730 printed on it then it'll be perfect :)

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
When the weight of the car sits on the spring the bottom 2/3 coils actually touch each other so the rubber tubing protects it.

Here are some pics...

DSCF3283.jpg

DSCF3284.jpg

DSCF3281.jpg

DSCF3285.jpg

There are a few rust patches where the paint has come away but thats to be expected really. Overall it looks to be up for the job :) I will do my best to remove these before I send it your way if you want it, I have some rust removing gel thats works a treat. The main patch of rust you see (at the bottom) is where the rubber tubing was, the water sits in there and it corrodes more easily.
Going on the pics make me an offer on what you think the right price is ?

Ben

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just to confirm that they are not "sided" each spring would have a different number and they don't. The rubber tubing is to cut down on noise and is available ice got the details at work. How you get it on is a different matter, I guess with the help of a lot of liquid soap.

Reaction score
Ben, you're a star... and you have PM :D

I'm happy to run without the tubing for now. I can sort that at my leisure. The car is up on axle stands right now so getting the Sachs/Eibachs back on it will be a boost.

I did wonder about whether the springs are "sided" but good to know they're not.

Cheers
Calum

Reaction score
Cue, thanks for the offer, however not only has Ben come good, but his spring has already been fitted to my damper by BG Motorsport and they are in transit back to me as we speak. I'll be back on the road by tomorrow night :D

Superspeedy service all round !!

Reaction score
Bother and blast! I've snapped my other front spring!

Does anyone have the correct Eibach lying about that they want to sell?

Fingers crossed.
Calum

Reaction score
Wasn't there a thread about being able to get the OEM springs from Renault for silly money (cheap)?

Something about Renault quoting a price on the correct part number at a lower price than a 182 Cup spring(s). The thread may have been about the correct part number as there seemed to be some confusion as to the correct one.

Might be worth a search of the forum. I'm sure the price was well below £100 per spring. Best of luck.

Reaction score
Full set of 4 springs from Renault are (were in March) £408 inc VAT. They've put on my receipt that both front and rear pair cost same :/ don't think this was the case though, iirc fronts were around 150-170 mark each.