Wanted - 182 Trophy

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Henry8, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Henry8

Henry8

Hi guys,

Currently a MK5 GTI owner, looking to get into a trophy. Have been very tempted by a trophy for the involvement and residuals for a few years now and think it is time to get it done.

On the look out for a one with up to 6k to spend, however could stretch slightly more for the right car. I know at his money I won’t be buying a perfect example but I am looking at buying on condition more than mileage.

If anyone is looking to sell or knows of a car for sale feel free to drop me a PM. I have seen #130 on eBay and may be going to take a look in the coming weeks.

Cheers

SharkyUK likes this.
  2. Cue

Cue

Trophy No.:
    274/500
    Good luck and I hope you secure a good one. They don't come up all that often but are like buses - nothing for a while, then 4 or 5 listed at once.

Compared to a Mk5 Golf, they'll feel a little rawer, lighter, sprightly and twitchy but a whole load more fun to drive. The internals are dating a bit - but don't sweat on that, the driving experience is beyond 99% of modern cars once you hit a decent road.

3. pj_sibley

pj_sibley

Great that you’re looking into Trophy options, you won’t regret it.

If you’re new to the forum, make sure to check your direct message box for any contact from other forum users.

Best of luck with your search!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. dablk

dablk

My best advice is get a list together of trophy expenses. That way you will have a much better idea or the cars your looking at. An over £2k initial spend can easily be achieved if you but something needing belts/sachs/tyres for example.

Some parts can be a pig to find s/h, some are just 182 clio and some thankfully are just mk2 clio.

Good luck with your hunt

GPH likes this.
  5. Cue

Cue

Trophy No.:
    274/500
    Happy to help with the expenses run through - i've kept a very detailed log of expenditure on this bundle of joy..

6. Greenouse

Greenouse

Sent you a pm Henry