Reaction score
Greetings!

I have found a Trophy for sale for £7485 with 48,911 miles on the clock.
In your opinions what should I be paying for it and is that mileage too high?
Also, should I expect the belts to be changed already?

Cheers.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
aux belt should have been done at 36k or earlier. I'd say the value is on the button. 7000-7500 for that depending on conditions, service history etc.

Cam belt (timing) needs doing at 72k - along with the aux belt again.

Ajr

Reaction score
I put mine up at £6995 with cambelt, aux belt & dampers redone in last few k, new discs & pads all round uprated at front, high end audio & FF interior, and there wasn't that much interest :(

If someone would give me £7500 for it i'd let it go, it's had £2k spent since i got it, and i paid £8k!

But alas i'm going to keep it and get some use out of it now i've done all of the major work :mrgreen:

Reaction score
Mileage isnt a problem as long as its been looked after and serviced correctly.

Whats the number? Is it 50? Im sure you said you had test drove 50 in a different thread, if so i would read up on it.

Mine is on 68k now and still going OK. Needs new rear disks and tyres soon, still loads of tread on the tyres but they are starting to crack / perish.

The price seems OK, ive been looking on various sites and the prices seem to have actually went up in the last few months, which is a good thing for us, i was furious when i started to see them for around the 6k mark last year.
Surely even one with 100000miles + should still be worth 6k?

Ajr

Reaction score
52k, which puts people off, but i just use it for commuting i've treated it so well but a buyer wouldn't know that. I get 400 miles to most tanks of fuel, sometimes more, never less than 370!

It's a shame really. I'm waiting until 197s plummet which they are in the process of doing. Eventually i'll be able to get a glacier 197 with black speedlines and recaros for the same dosh i sell the trophy for i hope :D

Reaction score
I think when the prices dropped last year it was due to them all running out of warranty and non enthusiasts selling up. Oh yes and that stupid thing called the credit crunch.
Lets face it, who out of all of us would let our Trophy go for 6k? Thats just insane!
Ajr, I wouldnt be selling my Trophy for a 197, my mates got a R27 which i have drove a few times and although i love it the Trophy is better in my opinion.

Ajr

Reaction score
I spent two whole days driving a 197 round the ring in july last year, it's definitely a different animal, the trophy is more fun to drive but the 197 is much more civilised and i love the looks of the white ones with black optional alloys & cup suspension. Nearly bought one before i did all of the work to the trophy. I get the feeling i'll miss the trophy badly if and when i do sell though! Depends what else it throws at me with regards to running costs :lol:

Reaction score
They do look good white with the black alloys =P~ :) .
Havent drove my mates around a track, just on twisty roads, just think the Trophy is more fun, feels more old school than the R27 which i like.

Ajr

Reaction score
The delayed smooth throttle response of the 197 gets to me, as does the revving for several seconds after you lift off, if you go to change gear at 7k, lift off and dip clutch it keeps revving up to the limiter at 7.5, so you have to wait a bit after lifting off to press the clutch, pretty much all modern n/a petrol cars do that though, the joys of wideband and fly by wire.

I have a 205 GTi6 and a 1.6 16v engined old 106 with a full cage for old skool thrills, the trophy feels somewhat new skool compared to them, but i must admit it is far nicer to drive on the road.

Reaction score
I reduced mine to £6995, but im in two minds about keeping it. As much as i want to sort all my finances out, i'd still like to keep the trophy. The only calls ie had on it, ae people offering me £5000-£6000 over the phone. Mines done 45,000 so one with 48,000 without the belts changed sounds a bit steep to me.

Ajr

Reaction score
If we all keep hold of ours then the value will stay high :lol:

Tractor it's not that similar, it has a much better oil system, more power and is more reliable, although the mi16 is alloy block so weighs less which benefits handling slightly.