Reaction score
Just a little reminder to you all that as of the 27th Feb '07 if your seen using your mobile;

whilst driving,
supervising a learner driver or
deemed not in position to have proper control,

you will find yourself with £60 fine and 3 points!!!! :evil:

Reaction score
Ollie does have a point though.

Drivers using their mobi's are just about as dangerous as drink drivers.

What is so important that someone should risk their life aswell as other road users that can't wait 10 mins or till you can pull over?

Try juggling while driving - makes about as much sense.

Reaction score

Three or four balls? Its a bitch when they get stuck under the brake pedal.

Still see loads of people on mobile phones when they are driving, I guess its the won't happen to me theory.
Does this law apply to hands free kits, not the type that use bluetooth the wire ones?

Reaction score
Olliev8 said:
Just a little reminder to you all that as of the 27th Feb '07 if your seen using your mobile;

whilst driving,
supervising a learner driver or
deemed not in position to have proper control,

you will find yourself with £60 fine and 3 points!!!! :evil:

Fine is still too low. Ask the families of those who were killed by a driver using a phone what they think!

Changing gear is one thing. Changing gear while holding a phone is another…

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, should be more, as far as i'm concerned this is dangerous driving.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
thing about mobile use.....

i agree don't get me wrong, but......

is it the one handed driving that is bad or the talking while driving?

does this mean if you're one handed and drive an auto, you will quickly build up the points and fines

or

if you talk to passengers, carry kids in the car or sing to the radio, will you be disqualified?

What's difference? more importantly what's more distracting, having kids mess about in the back of the car, having a passenger drop something on the floor, having an argument while driving or talking on a mobile?

I'd argue that if theyre banning mobile use, they should ban passengers and kids.... oh wait, that would go against the governement car sharing plans :?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
You can't get a good conversation out of me at the best of times let alone when I'm driving :) Cue know what you're saying, all of these things cause a distraction but i found it almost impossible to do both.

Reaction score
I would also say that the kids are more of a distraction than a mobile phone but they cant ban them

Reaction score
hoolio said:
You can't get a good conversation out of me at the best of times let alone when I'm driving :) Cue know what you're saying, all of these things cause a distraction but i found it almost impossible to do both.

Same as. My wife thinks i've turned in a deaf mute while driving.

Wish I could do it while sat on the sofa at home. :lol:

Reaction score
As for kids. If they are properly restrained then you have nothing to worry about.

It's not as if you have to take your hand of the wheel when kids are squabbling in the back, and if it gets out of hand you pull over then sort it out.

Simple.

Mobile phone users appear to go into a sort of trance like state when driving, as if their brains can't take all the sensory input.

There isn't any excuse to drink and drive and neither is there to phone and drive. Both are dangerous and selfish.

Reaction score
ducks butt said:
Shabba said:

Three or four balls? Its a bitch when they get stuck under the brake pedal.

Still see loads of people on mobile phones when they are driving, I guess its the won't happen to me theory.
Does this law apply to hands free kits, not the type that use bluetooth the wire ones?

I believe in terms of hands free, you have to have it set up so it auto answers the call.. most phones have this facility..... some of the wire ones do come with an answer button as part of the wire, i think these are ok as its just one button, rather that looking at a phone for the right button to answer...........

my personal view is that people who text whilst driving are far more dangerous that those who talk whilst holding their phones..........
i would like to see the fine higher, my reason is knowing that my younger sisters friend was mowed down by a guy who was not only driving fast in a 30 at school kicking out time, but was also on his mobile...... this was 10yrs ago granted but he didn't get sent to prison like he should have!!!

Reaction score
It's a tough one I think. How many people cruise along with one hand on the steering wheel and one hand resting on the door/armrest/their lap etc... chatting away to people in the car?

Personally I have a bluetooth headset and if I forget that I have a wired handsfree in the glovebox but I have been known to use the phone in the conventional fashion and if anything it makes you more alert as you are on the look out for any police cars!!!!

I suppose although it feels a little like another infringement on your rights but at the end of the day there are so many seemingly brain dead people 'controlling' cars that the fewer distraction they have the better.

You have to ask what's next though? Will we not be allowed to control our stereos any more? I do find that scrolling through the artists on my iPod is far more distracting than making a call so maybe iPod/MP3 stereos will be next on the banned list!?!?!?