Reaction score
I'm playing with a few ideas for the winter rebuild, and one of which maybe the Sachs dampers making way for some coilovers.

What kind of price have used dampers been going for?

Also these have been refurb'd 1000 miles ago so please bear this in mind :wink:

Any thought welcome.

Chris

Reaction score
If your lucky, seen £250 on the ebay.
No ones going to pay £1K if so buy new & get warranty.
The pair furbed £450-700 depends how desaparate the buyers are.
Ebay would be a way of finding out, advertise on all the renault forums & see how they go you can always pull them if no real interest :D

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
id say around £500 max, sorry but £1k i unrealistic as steve says...

I paid just over £500 for two brand new ones (although 2nd and) a couple of years ago....

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
It costs around £400 to get them refurbed. Surely got to be worth more than £500 ! Maybe £1000 was a bit optimistic :)

Reaction score
I am going to get mine refurbed and if yours were availabe now I would probable take them for around £500. Maybe £600 at a push.

I could then sell mine on for the same refurbished or £200 - £250 in need of a refurb. Or keep as spares to save me the hassle 3 years on.

For me the whole refurb thing is great but its the hassle of having a car off the road for 2 weeks that I'd gladly pay to get around.

Reaction score
I'll call Mike and find out where my wayward dampers are! (e-mail Ben too)

Refurbed £650 ish for the pair I'd say. Although a black 182 with both Cup Packs, Recaros, Speedlines and these would be a nice car :)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not a Diesel!!! said:
I am going to get mine refurbed and if yours were availabe now I would probable take them for around £500. Maybe £600 at a push.

I could then sell mine on for the same refurbished or £200 - £250 in need of a refurb. Or keep as spares to save me the hassle 3 years on.

For me the whole refurb thing is great but its the hassle of having a car off the road for 2 weeks that I'd gladly pay to get around.

less than a week is the turnaround time so i'm told.

Reaction score
Johnnytheboy said:
Usually two full days on site at BG, three if any major faults detected.

The 2nd time I needed BG's help I took the car to them; it was easier.

How long did it take for them to test your dampers on their dyno (i think you had this done) when you took your car to them?

Reaction score
Good question. I don't want to be precise because I don't know, but basically, I dropped it Wednesday AM and he finished mending the faulty one on Thursday morning, so I think the actual testing was very brief.

Note that mine was a very minor repair: Ben said "leave the car for two whole days, if it requires anything up to a standard refurb I can do it in that time". I think he would say the same whatever your reported fault was.

Reaction score
Thanks, i only asked because im going to a trackday at silverstone on the 31st (not to track the T) with a friend and i thought that BG may be able to test them for me while i was there for the day. I dont think there is anything wrong with mine .... yet, just for peace of mind really.

By the way i think we are neighbours, i have 382, Howdy Neighbour :wink:

Reaction score
Well i will be there all day so hopefully he would be able to get them off and test them, i will give him a call tomorrow see what he thinks ....

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Really not sure I understand this at all, offering 5-600 for a pair of dampers that have just been refurbed for 450 is frankly taking the piss. Two grand dampers for 50 quid, nice if you can get away with it. I realise all of us here have got a set but I would have thought that they would be worth per than that to some of you guys who regularly track.

Waits for flak. ;-)

Reaction score
It would be largely dependant on how readily available they are new, i mean i cant recall any other road car with them on.Obviously things second hand are going to be cheaper, but £600 with a refurb is quite low - especially if they are hard to get hold of