Reaction score
Hi guys, I assume my clutch is uprated but thought I would post this in case paddle clutch's are standard. Either that or its bloody heavy! Its as heavy as the Cobra, I jumped in my RS focus and it was so lovely and light! I just wanted to check as I would be amazed if Renault did this style clutch as standard.

Also when does the fuel light come on? According to my ECU i can have like 30 miles left in the tank but no light. Is the bulb blown?

Getting more and more used to it now. Missing the Focus less and less, Although I will always miss my RS and the torque steer :p

Got a carbon splitter from Ktech and a rear brace bar in the post. As well as some of the stickers from the fourum for our Sophy (My muisses named the car Sophy the Trophy!)

Reaction score
Yeah the trophy has a competition clutch fitted as standard so it is very heavy! Not sure when your fuel light should come on, i havent had mine long enough to comment. The carbon splitter is a great idea as it makes it look that little bit more sporty. I have two braces on mine (front and back) and it definately keeps the car noticeably more sturdy. Great name for the car by the way, enjoy.

Ryan.

Reaction score
The clutch should not be that heavy? try fitting a new cable first and see if its any better.

A lot of new owners comment on this,as time goes on the clutch will wear and the cable may become stiff.

The original clutch is a standard renault sport clio item not a competition item

'Sophy the trophy' Nice :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
if you had to put a weight on it, how heavy would you say it should be to push down?

my little T is coming up to 100k and the clutch feels like im benching 3kg with my leg

Reaction score
It is as heavy as my dad's Cobra, My leg starts to ache in traffic put it that way and I'm not a small bloke! I need to almost force it down with all my might. Put it this way the Focus's clutch feels like nothing compared to the clio. i would say easy 6-8kg is what it feels like

Reaction score
It is as heavy as my dad's Cobra, My leg starts to ache in traffic put it that way and I'm not a small bloke! I need to almost force it down with all my might. Put it this way the Focus's clutch feels like nothing compared to the clio. i would say easy 6-8kg is what it feels like
It sounds like there is something wrong there. Mine is heavy but I wouldn't say force it down.

Reaction score
Seems strange, it's heavy but not force it down heavy! A woman in work who had an operation on her foot wanted to see if she could drive a car with a clutch some time after the op, and she said it was heavy but she could drive it! Sounds like somethings seized up there, a clutch replacement might not fix it, I'd hunt down the route of the cable and get some grease on where it enters the gearbox, must be some sort of arm there?

Reaction score
I will get the clutch changed by FCM. Probably just had alot of abuse!
Before you spend a tonne of money getting it done, have a look on CS and see if anyone has a 182 near you.

I thought mine was overly heavy until I drove my brothers girlfriends 182 and realised it was normal