Reaction score
would someone mind holding my hand though this topic please.
ive had a look over on CS and ofcourse theres a whole bunch of talk with little out come. the standard 'no mines better' and i know theres a few very clever cats on here that can give me some sensible information.

my 72,000 mile service isnt close but its close enough to start reading around the subject. i dont do track days atm because im A) a student and B) this is my only car, and pride and joy, so i cant really turn it into a weapon to much. so i dont want something mega agressive, just healthy gain.

its been to JMS and had their map which i believe is a learning one, so no worries there. yer just hel me out abit please.

Reaction score
I had new cams fitted to my 172 Cup.

Biggest waste of money going!!

A set of Hankook RS2s for a fraction of the price will do loads more to make you go faster.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I only know of a couple of T's with uprated cams and I think its fair to say that they really didn't see much gain untill they had a live map say its probably best to talk to Tom and see how he thinks the map will adapt if at all.

Reaction score
Maybe go for the jms rs2 inlet manifold instead, it sounds awesome and will get you a decent gain

Reaction score
The problem is that the standard ECU/airflow meter can not handle much more aggressive valve timing than standard - the idle becomes unstable, so any suitable cams will be defintion only offer small gains.