Reaction score
I've finally decided to upgrade my brakes, but I want to do it in stages (it's a lot of money to spend in one go). I've decided on Pagid Blue Pads, Brembo Max Discs and braided hoses (does the brand matter here? if so can someone advise me).

My question is, will it be ok to upgrade the pads to Pagids first, leaving the discs and hoses standard, then upgrade the hoses then finally the discs at latter dates? I've been in touch with YozzaSport and they recomended the Pagids with Max discs, but I wanted to make sure they'd be ok with the standard discs. If there's any other advice you can give me I'd be eternally greatful.

Adam

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
my preference is to do it in one go as they wear together then and not in an uneven manner. But if you can't do that then I'd say do the fluid and lines at the same time as the pads (otherwise it's pointless going for race derived pads as you'll just cook the OEM brake fluid)

Do the disks as soon as you can - bear in mind that you'll go through OEM front disks very quickly with RS 4-2 pads on (i presume it's the blues you're looking at).

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Do it all in one go really, certainly change the fluid at the same time as the pads you will not believe how much heat they develop.

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I'm very glad i asked the question before messing things up. Are you all happy with using the Pagid 4-2s for driving on the road? I know it's probably just a disclaimer but they do say on the YozzaSport web site For Race / Competition Use Only, but in an email they said that from cold they behave like OEM pads, then get better as the temperature gets higher

Reaction score
Trophy No.
mardi j said:
Thanks for the advice, I'm very glad i asked the question before messing things up. Are you all happy with using the Pagid 4-2s for driving on the road? they said that from cold they behave like OEM pads, then get better as the temperature gets higher

No problems with road use at all and i totally agree with what they say in their email.

Reaction score
thank you all, that's just what i needed to hear. best start saving for the whole pachage :D