G

There's a bloody great crane fly living inside my driver’s side headlamp – how might I get it out? I do believe it’s dead, but it has only appeared today. Frankly, I have no idea how on earth it got there, but I would really like to get it out. How easy are the headlamps to remove?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
David87 said:
How easy are the headlamps to remove?

Thanks!

You don't want to be doing that, you have to remove the bumper :shock: I think you'll need a long pair of tweezers and dislocated wrists :D

Reaction score
Renaults famous panel fit - thats probably how it got in. Some cars are more 'gappy' than others - yours sounds like its one of the better made ones as it was just a little crane fly that got in, i once heard of an owner who found a kitten in his headlamp :lol:

G

:lol:

Oh dear lol. Looks like I'll be removing the bulbs and then using some form of barbecue utensil to spike it out.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
My 16valver had a mouse living in the engine bay, bit of a shock when i went to top up the oil. Especially seeing as id been driving for an hour already! :lol:

G

I think I would have been slightly more concerned by a mouse. :lol:
Even so, I just managed to get the little sod out. I went fishing inside my headlamp with some wire wrapped in carpet tape. Quite effective, I must say. :)

I did quickly discover how it got in, though...

I'd left the bloody rubber cap thing off from last week when I fitted my Philips Blue Vision sidelights! Fool. :oops:

G

Right, finally fixed the useless power cable on my laptop, so my picture of the offending insect can be posted! It was not easy to remove!
11-05-07_1733v2.jpg

Reaction score
On my 172 someone runt theif had tried to pinch my headlanp washer! God knows why probably to stick on his Corsa or someit. It took me and my Dad 8 hours to change!!! An Engineer and Teacher!! Dont ask us to change light bulbs!!

Seriosley its hard work and with all renault you have to be ruff!!

Reaction score
hey another trophy in the toon...did i pass you coming into pont a month back next to dobbies ? you flashed me if i remember ?

Reaction score
lol at the photo!

I would remove the bulb and then use a vacuum cleaner to suck the monster out :)

O.

Reaction score
What is it with nature trying to reclaim our cars at the moment? I just returned to my car to discover I've gained a snail bonnet accessory. Not exactly as glamorous the spirit of ecstasy is it?

Not sure what it's trying to say about my driving mind you...