1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyres.!!!

Discussion in 'Clio Trophy Discussion' started by Big Dave, May 3, 2017.

1. Big Dave

Big Dave

Hi folks.
    This is aimed at those that have run, or are running the Yoko AD08R,s on there car. [205/45/16]
    How do you find them as an all round everyday tyre.
    Are they harsher ride quality.? Noisier etc etc...
    My car doent get used much in the winter so im not too bothered about wet grip, but obviously itl need to be reasonable if I get caught out in the rain from time to time.
    I have the Michelin pilots on at present, but there getting old, and a bit worn...
    How will the yokos compare to them.??
    Cheers Dave..

2. hodgy21

hodgy21

Trophy No.:
    006/500
    AD08's are a little bit harder, but not noticeable compared to the PS3's. I absolutely loved them, I drove them all through the winter and had no problems. They felt like they were much closer to the old PE2's. I'm currently on Federal 595RS-R on the front and PS3's on the rear. The RS-R's are very similar to the AD08R's as far as I can tell (only had them on the car for a month).

AD08R's were a little harder and gave more front end grip when compared to the PS3's.
    The RS-R's were on a similar level to the AD08's.
    I still think the PE2 is the best tyre I have ever used on this car.

Paul

Kyle beresford and MO30 like this.
  3. MO30

MO30

I use them, they're fantastic in the dry and give great 'feel at the wheel'. Pretty useless in the wet though and noise levels are high on your average crappy UK road.
    Not to say you can't drive the car when it's raining but you need to treat it with respect rather than just throw it around like you can in the dry.

4. Miller

Miller

Yes you do have to treat them with care but so long as your sensible with them they are alright. I got caught in heavy rain with lots of standing water when on the RS-R's and wasn't as scary as worn tyres or brand new ditch finder tyres.

5. pj_sibley

pj_sibley

I've done around 1k miles on my AD08Rs, including use throughout the winter and also on a couple of track days. I've been really pleased with the overall grip, wear and feel of the tyres. They've been better on track than he 595-RSR tyres I've used previously (admittedly on other cars) and I was genuinely impressed with how they performed in near freezing conditions over the winter. Big thumbs up from me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Michaeld

Michaeld

Had PS3's before and changed to AD08's for track. On track the PS3's are very soft and rollover so you wear up the side of the sidewall.
    In the dry I think better than the PS3's and Ok on road although the PS3's are face in the rain the Yoko's not so good but not bad at all.
    Fine on road too.

hodgy21 likes this.
  7. hodgy21

hodgy21

Trophy No.:
    006/500
    Completely agree, you can feel the PS3's roll over onto the sidewall, it's a very strange feeling.

8. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

Trophy No.:
    125/500
    Is that the XL rated PS3's?

9. flebay

flebay

Are fine on the road, the v rated (discontinued ) roll over.

Patrick Bateman likes this.
  10. Gazza

Gazza

What tyre pressures have people been using on the AD08R's on the road?

I am having some fitted as I type this... Will be glad to get Hankooks off the car, as I really didn't like them