Reaction score
So I was sitting in a tyre fitter this AM getting four new tyres :twisted: for my van, idly flicking through Evo's tyre awards for 2007 supplement as tested on a golf GTI.

Goodyear came top, Michelin came about half way down.

Second overall, and first in several categories came tyres by a Dutch company called Vredestein.

:?:

I'm not a mad car nut by any stretch, but I've never heard of them. Praise was certainly heaped on them; do they make one that fits the Trophy I wonder?

Reaction score
Exaltos won't show on any test cause of small amount of sizes.

Had vredestiens on seat tdii, nothing to shout about.

If you must move away from michelin try prada spec 2's.

I'm sticking with exaltos as so good in the wet :D

Day

Reaction score
I'm only aware of Vredestein by the annoying adverts on Eurosport lol

Reaction score
Ive heard of Vredestein but again, i've never had a set so can't pass comment. More of a continental tyre I think.

I however must strongly disagree with g40steve's comment about the yoko parada spec II's. I had them on my old golf mk4 in 18" size and they were abysmal. I couldnt wait to get rid of them. In the dry they are distinctly average, and in the wet they certainly do not fill you with much confidence either.

I would stick with the PE2's, I've never had so much traction in the wet with any other tyres before. If you must change, give the Goodyear F1 GSD3's a go - a very good all round tyre imo.

Reaction score
The GS-D3s are class! Got a set to replace the mediocre Michelin MXM4 all weathers that came standard with my Civic and the grip was awesome and they were really good in the wet as well.
But ya with the Trophy, why go away from the Exaltos?

Reaction score
Very good tyres but can give off a lot of road noise

Dont think I'd stray away from the Exalto's. after all they were developed for the 182

Reaction score
I've no intention to change, just thinking out loud.

If you must move away from michelin try prada spec 2's.

IIRC Yokos scored very low in said test....

I'm also a bit cynical about a French car maker stressing the absolute need to use French tyres. Do we all use Elf just because it says so in the back window?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
lol, i was kidding. i only use them on track, having said that tomorrow at croft will be interesting, especially as they're not far of being slick.