tyre prices.......what the flip??

Reaction score
well tyres are nearing the end of there life so checked the dealer, they want £144 PLUS vat each inc fitting!
then checked murrays....local portadown firm.....£80 including vat AND fitting. i carefully put him over that it was a propor pe2 with v rating!
why the huge price difference.....i know dealers r greedy but thats taking the biscut!!!!

Reaction score
Dealers put a fairly big markup on any item they sell you, and then they charge a fair bit for labour too, and they do it because they can get away with it. Those that are too naive or wealthy to care will cough up.

Those of us who know about mytyres.co.uk (and similar sites) with local fitting will obviously get a better price :)

I ordered mine from mytyres but then I had to cancel because I hadn't realised they take 7 days to arrive and I only had about 1.8mm left on one part of my front left! So I got two from the dealership my mate works at for £200 all-in, whereas it would have been £175 with mytyres and local fitting. The £200 was only after a discount of about £50 that he arranged for me - I never would have gone anywhere near the dealership for tyres at their usual price!