Reaction score
hi guys, i think its time to take the trophy to the track so im goin to sort some wheels and tyres out wats every1 think about 15's and proxes 888 semi slicks, also need some brakes and 1 reccommend a certain package cheers

Reaction score
Wheels; i got a set of 15" OZ F1 from a mk1 172 as offset is perfect.

Should be able to get a set for £100 without tyres easy.
4 X 195/50/15 toyo r888 to me @ under £250 :wink:
Brakes, Yozzasport do a kit, SS lines, Ferrodo DS2500 & brembo high carbon discs £190.

Should see you ready for a season :shock:

I have the above & it transforms the car.

Don't waste your money on new wheels i was told, as you can trash them on track just as easy as on the roads.

Reaction score
/\/\/\

what he said!

Im all for buying dirtied up crappers for track wheels and spraying them pink or something rather than some shiny new ones which will only come out a couple of times a year!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'd personally go for speedline corsa's (that what I have) as I think they look the dogs'. Although my only recommendation would be; dont buy brand new (waste of money), get 15" (runs fine but the tyres are a hell of a lot cheaper) and make sure the offset is at the very least ET38, pref ET45 (standard turini's are et45).

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r220 ... 007626.jpg

a pic of mine, with the track wheels on. ( they're cleaner now ;) )

Reaction score
the OZ F1's look great, but the TD Pro Race 2's despite looking great off the car, do the trophy no favours!

Still they are only there for track I guess!

Reaction score
trophy315 said:
Is the reason for geting different wheels just so you can have different tyres for track use?

Yes, the exaltos are fantastic on road & handle wet & dry conditions equally well.
Yet on track the sidewalls are too soft & you end up with a headless mich man & excessive tyre wear.
They are great on a wet track :D
15 inch wheels give a better range of tyres which are also a lot cheaper.