Reaction score
so then if i get a puncture and use the foam is that the end of the tyre ? or can it still be repaired ...can the foam be removed easily without causing balancing problems...?

Reaction score
son of solo said:
so then if i get a puncture and use the foam is that the end of the tyre ? or can it still be repaired ...can the foam be removed easily without causing balancing problems...?

It is the end of the tyre. Also if doesn't always work, on my old 182 I got a hole in the sidewall (no idea how) which the foam just oozed out of :(
No spare wheel (hence foam), is the price we pay for the double exhaust...

Reaction score
yep ...thought so...i had some of the expanding foam for filling cracks once...2 weeks later and the stuff was still on my hands...well sticky
i seem to remember Evo ripping a tyre wall on their V6 and the foam just poured out... :(

Reaction score
DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT MATEY.....THROW THAT SILLY CAN OF EVIL OUT THE WINDOW!!!!!!! JUST CALL A MOBILE TYRE FITTER, WILL BE CHEAPER IN THE END

Reaction score
im tempted to get a steelie and keep it in the boot. anyone else gone this route?

Reaction score
i carry one of those little electric air pumps around (left over from my elise days,fits nicely under the passenger seat ) hopefully that will get me to a tyre place where maybe a repair can be done...

Reaction score
I've had two of my tyres slashed and the foam is poo. Luckily they were getting to the end of their life and i've just ordered some new ones.

Reaction score
Not 100% True. I got a puncture in my old 306 Gti-6 on a trip to London. Had to use a can of foam as i had made the school boy error of leaving my locking wheel nuts at home!!! Drove all the way back to Cambridge on the foam and drove to ATS. The Gti was using Pirelli P6000's and the guy just took all the foam out and we were almost ready to roll! he cam out sayin he couldnt get the pad to stick to the inside of the tyre where the foam had been, so i walked into the work bay to inspect for myself! He was just trying to mug me off to get me to pay for a new tyre as he hadnt dried off the contact surface properly. When it was all dried up properly, pad stuck fine, job done!