Reaction score
Morning All

Had the car a few months now and i'm planning to add a few choice upgrades for the Trophy:

Brakes - not the powerful stoppers i thought

Group N - ECU

The car already has a CAT back Milltek exaust (give as lovely sound) and a K&N performance panel filter.

Im looking at BB Performance Tuning for the upgrades............any dealings/experience with these guys???? or should i look elsewhere?? Feedback would be appreciated

Reaction score
how far do you want to go with the car?

cams/tb's/turbo? or just a few choice mods?

if you want just remap, induction kit, de-cat, suspension, brakes, inlet manifold then don't stick to 1 company, shop around for the best of everything.

if you want cams etc then you may aswell go to GDI for their 200bhp package!

brakes - there are excellent value packages on the yozzasport website!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
be careful of BB tuning, around 6 months ago they were getting a slating for customer svs, i believe the owner actually threatened a guy over on CS as he complained that something had gone wrong and wanted his money back :shock: - can't remember the specifics.

Everything i've done to mine has been extensivly researched. Only the best for #274. You may be interested in this thread....

http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... ight=right

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Matt X2C said:

I don't want to start a slanging match on here (i'll go over to CS for that) but i doubt very much if our standard Trophy's put out anything above 170, getting an extra 30 from the F4R will require more than the GDI package.

Reaction score
thanks guys for the advise. Not interested in pricey mods although they would be nice to fit to the car :D Just a bit of light engine works ie chip and possible inlet manifold works would be suit my needs.

The yozza brake packages do look mighty tempting!

When you state 170 do you mean at the flywheel of at the wheels...i hope is not at the flywheel :cry: as i would have thought the engine should be producing at least 180 BHP especially once the engine a nicely run in??

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'm afraid it's the fly. Mine, after 10k or so, was on 174 at the fly. Next RR session should have it over 190 hopefully.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes i mean at the fly and i've heard of lower. A nice little package would be inlets and generic remap from Angelworks which would tie all your mods together and give you another handfil of horses but don't expect miracles i suspect that the gains that renault acheived to go from 172 to 182 were remap and inlets (+ exhaust manifold) so it's almost remaking the wheel.

Reaction score
cheers hoolio

sound like angelworks have the right package for me, and ive heard lots of positive feedback about them too!

just got to get the remaining cash together.........buy the girlfriend an engagement ring or engine modifications..........decisions decisions :D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Same engine. I'm not too despondent, most Trophy's are still quite young with it seems about 20k on the clock and will release more power over time. I hope

If i remember i'll pm over the price of the A/W stuff tomorrow.

Reaction score
had mine RR standard made 175 bhp then with panel filter and yozzasport decat full exhaust i got 186 bhp then had gdi inlets matched and ecu it got 191.8 bhp, my mate had the TBs from gdi running 230 bhp but hes only got 5 IB/ft of torque more than mine and it wasnt thrashing mine only went by me after *20 mph goin to take them down the strip 2gether 4 a better review hes already bin down and ran 14 secs flat

Reaction score
Is your mate a sparky? Can remember reading about his conversion a few months back on cs. It's hard to believe your Trophy is producing almost similar torque. Not calling you a liar or anything lol.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
harratt21trophy said:
had mine RR standard made 175 bhp then with panel filter and yozzasport decat full exhaust i got 186 bhp then had gdi inlets matched and ecu it got 191.8 bhp, my mate had the TBs from gdi running 230 bhp but hes only got 5 IB/ft of torque more than mine and it wasnt thrashing mine only went by me after *20 mph goin to take them down the strip 2gether 4 a better review hes already bin down and ran 14 secs flat

that sounds similar to my experience, stnd was 174. not had it RR'd since but its noticable quicker so i hoope to be up towards the same torque and bhp... more bothered about seconds than bhp though...

Reaction score
Thanks Hoolio for the PM. Very temped to bite the bullet and get the work done now!

My girlfriends cupped standard 182FF has 32K on the clock and and the engine feels at times stronger than my trophy. so the engine must free up a few more horses around the 30-40K mark.

does anyone know an approx ball park figure in terms of BHP power gains of a CAT back exaust (Milltek) and panel filter on there own??? Previous mentioned have been de-CAT full systems.

just to understand i also get the impression that to fully exploit the above mods the ECU needs tweaking?

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Matt X2C said:

I don't want to start a slanging match on here (i'll go over to CS for that) but i doubt very much if our standard Trophy's put out anything above 170, getting an extra 30 from the F4R will require more than the GDI package.

I am as sceptical as the next guy about the 200bhp claim, I was merely just pointing him in the way of a package that will get you much more performance over standard!

I was in no way clarifying that the package will guarentee 200bhp! I just used the words '200bhp package' so it was easier for Jimboss to locate info on the package on the CS site/GDI site!