Reaction score
went to go the gym this morning and 308 wouldnt start??? turned over but wouldnt start? my dad bumped it to get it goin but when driving it felt abit juddery? went to come home as i didnt want to risk driving it, got to a roundabout the revs stayed at 2000 rpm then it conkd out! Got the aa out and it fired up straight away for him nothing came up on the comp and it felt fine to drive home??? noticed that the temp gauge has the temdancy to drop to rock bottom every now n then, but that seems to sort itself out though?? anyone got any thoughts this? cheers

Reaction score
^Deffo. No way the temp gauge will be OK then show min temp unless the sensor is faulty. It may be telling the ECU that the engine is critically overheating and cutting out to protect engine. Did the STOP light come on when this happened? Might be moisture ingress too so a new sensor not necessary.

Reaction score
Yeah, it's the coolant temperature sensor. I think they need to replace the associated wiring too otherwise it can go again ( it did with mine ).
Simple warranty job though.

Reaction score
cheers fellas! jus droped her off at the garage so jus got to sit about and wait for their call to say i can pick her up! hopefully with everything sorted! Asked them to look at the seat runners too as the drivers side is jamming when someone wants to get in the back!! ill keep you posted on how it goes.

Reaction score
Temp sender

How did it go then mc, I have exactly the same problem - 228 14k miles.
The gauge just drops to bottom and engine revs to 2k as if it thinks its cold which would make sense, then gauge goes back to normal and all well.
Been like it for couple of weeks, not had chance to go to stealers and excuse to give Elise a few miles... Oulton Park TD on Fri 9/11, any Clios there come say hello Lotus is yellow cant miss it!!

Pete.

Reaction score
seems to be sorted all under warranty as well!! They said they had changed the temp gauge so im gessing they meant the whole lot sensor etc! only thing is it seems to be revving at in between 1.5k n 2k revs when cold which i have never noticed before?? but all in all shes running perfect!! they had the car for a day, dropped her off in the morning, picked her up at tea time all washed and vacd out and they even left me a road map in there for me!!!

MC

Reaction score
I went to Nicholas Smith in Skipton! I always go there due to the high standards that they give compared to my local which is Kitchens in Burnley who are a bunch of muppets!!!

MC

Reaction score
Im not going to stray from them untill the warranty runs out!! just got to get the seat runners sorted out now!! they're still jammed!!

MC